Femme Fatale

Interesting. I'm not sure. I wanna like it, but I wish I could truly see the edge of her chin. It's so faint that it almost gets lost in the white..

Jake

Thanks for your input :) I don't have my monitor truly calibrated so may be a little off, however, that was the look I was going for - to almost have the edges of the face blend into the background. I took inspiration from Kate Havnevik's album cover "Melankton" (if you wanted to look it up). I did leave a little of her neck there just to make sure the chin line was still visible.

The shot was taken with a single speedlite behind subject pointing to ceiling with no modifiers in a very small closet with white walls. I used a white reflector in front of the subject to get more light on her face.

Surprisingly...too me anyways, I like this. The chin etc (to those who miss the point is not the point, nor the face, its the color components of the head) Technically quite inventive, but have to wonder how in he11 you got her into that closet? ;)

Surprisingly it didn't take much persuasion! Having an understanding better half definitely helps :) It even meant she HAD to wash her hair again!

I think I like it... LOL! It's certainly an interesting effect and could be quite a talking point.

I'd probably like it more if you eliminated the very faint grey "corona" around the rest of her head and just left the faint grey of the neck.

Most reactions

Back