What's new

Fencepost for C&C

rsawyer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
Is this image compelling enough to pursue? There's quite a bit of noise in the original, as it was shot at night at 1600 ISO (15s exposure). I've obviously done some quick editing, but not much effort yet.

 
Why such a high ISO, at night, on (I assume) a tripod?
 
I guess I was feeling a bit rushed and didn't want to do 30 second exposures. The noise isn't bad comparatively, but im still regretting it a bit now.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any way of doing longer than 30s on my K-r- there's no place to attach a manual shutter release.
 
Well, if you are concerned about noise, drop your ISO and work with your 30s limit. Also, under exposing night shots, and bringing it back in post greatly increases the noise (not suggesting you did). Can you get a wireless remote release for your camera?

The post looks sharply focused on my mobile device, and not too terribly noisy.
 
Ha! I do have a remote, I just didn't realize I could set my camera to have one press open the shutter and one close it. Now I know!

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll try the shot again for a technically better image.

Thanks for the thoughts!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom