Fender Stratocaster

SpenserEller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some photos of my guitar. I'm interested in how I can improve my product photos. I'm particularly interested in lighting. These were all taken with only natural lighting through windows and LED lights on the ceiling. Most of my photography up to this point has been done outdoors with only the sun and I'm looking to improve my indoor photos.
25mm
1/25sec, f/4.4 ISO 1600
P2255067%20(1).jpg

25mm
1/50sec, f/4.4, ISO 1600
P2255031%20(1).jpg

25mm
1/50sec, f/4.4, ISO 1600
P2255072.jpg

25mm
1/15sec, f/4.4, ISO 1600
P2255022.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have one of the but with a white scratch plate.

Good angled shots. Could go even shallower with dof. Nice axe and nice pics.

Nice images - perhaps more directional lighting to give more contrast and a darker background. For product type shots I just use a rolled cardboard tube on a flash to give directional light, and shoot in a darkened room.

Nice set. I don't do indoor photography either but it seems to me that if you added some type of decent lighting to the sides it would cut down on or maybe eliminate the shadows from the overhead light. If I recall from the little knowledge I have of indoor shots, 'the less shadows the better'. Also, it would also enable you to use a smaller f/stop so that more of the subject is in focus without increasing the ISO, if done right of course. Maybe one of our local indoor masters can help out better here. GL!

Nice set and lovely guitar. #2 would make a good entry into this weeks photo theme.... "vanishing point".

Most reactions

Back