Fiber optics?

JohnReid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there such a thing as a tiny fiber optics camera that could be used for taking pics of a scale model airplane sitting in a hangar? Someone suggested to me that I should do a stop motion production of scenes from my 1/16th dioramas.
I have only just learned some of the basics of my digital camera and I have no idea what this fellow was talking about.I am almost 70 years young now and my knowledge of the modern technology is some what limited.Thank you.Cheers! John.

1/16th is pretty big... I don't think there's any need to get fancy - any point & shoot or dSLR would do fine. You wouldn't even need macro. In fact, unless you have them in a very large room, you might have trouble backing up enough to get the whole scene in the picture.

For any kind of stop motion video, a tripod will be essential.

Are they in a 1/16th scale hangar, or a real hangar? If it's a real hangar - you should have plenty of room. :lol:

If I may ask, why would you need a fiber optic camera (I've never heard of one) to shoot model airplanes? A plain ol' camera should work fine I would think.

I agree, 1/16th is about the size of a normal model car if not bigger, a normal camera would do just fine.

1/16th is pretty big... I don't think there's any need to get fancy -

Absolutely not. I build models, and am into 1/32 WWII fighters right now..... normal lenses are plenty for photography. The only time I go into anything specialty is the 105mm macro for shooting interior details.

Thanks guys! Maybe video is the way for me to go.I have seen some really nice examples on You Tube of videos taken of miniatures complete with text and music.
My problem is that when I started the dioramas I had no idea that they would end up in museums, so I designed them mostly for myself, for the fun of it.Within the year they will be going into showcases and access to certain areas will be lost for close up pics or videos forever.

At this late stage in the build would I be better off to just have a professional do it for me or ideally a modeler who is also into making videos? Thank you.Cheers! John.:D

Most reactions

Back