Fight Club - Round 91: Results are in!

HannahRebekah's "Ace up the sleeve" shot is posted twice - once for true and once for false...

I did have one for true, did I not email it right? Can I just post it in here?

My apologies. I make mistakes sometimes while posting. And by sometimes, I mean "once per contest" "at least".

EDIT: Ahhhhhahaha, It twas not me! The links for the two are the same in your email. If you send another with the corrected link, I'll fix it asap :) I think I can trust you by now :lol:

1. Tasty - HannahRebekah
2. True - HannahRebekah
3. False - HannahRebekah
4. Double-Take - bruce282
5. Charge - bruce282

1. Tasty - HannahRebekah
2. True - HannahRebekah
3. False - HannahRebekah
5. Charge - bruce282

I find this very intriguing. I would have thought that 'tasty' and 'true' were my lesser photos whereas 'false' 'double-take' and 'charge' were my better ones. Would you mind telling me what you liked vs. what you didn't?

Tasty - HannahRebekah

True - OrionsByte

False - HannahRebekah

Double-take - OrionsByte

Charge - bruce282

1. Tasty - HannahRebekah
2. True - HannahRebekah
3. False - HannahRebekah
5. Charge - bruce282

I find this very intriguing. I would have thought that 'tasty' and 'true' were my lesser photos whereas 'false' 'double-take' and 'charge' were my better ones. Would you mind telling me what you liked vs. what you didn't?

I wouldn't mind, as long as Bruce wouldn't mind either. I could C&C your photos individually if you like, but in order to explain how I voted I'd have to C&C some of Bruce's as well, and I don't want to do that without his permission.

1. Tasty - HannahRebekah
2. True - Orionsbyte
3. False - HannahRebekah
4. Double-Take - HannahRebekah
5. Charge - Orionsbyte

I wouldn't mind at all hearing what folks think. As I said earlier, 60 minutes isn't a long time, next week I need to do I little more before the shot planning.

HannahRebekah - I didn't get your False until I looked closer and spotted the ace up the sleeve. Very nice.

Bruce

Alright, well then, here goes nothin':

For "tasty" I voted for Hannah because I thought it was well done. I'd considered taking a picture of my wife with a tortilla chip piled up with salsa instead of just taking a picture of the salsa like I ended up doing, but I couldn't think of a way to take a picture of someone eating and have it look interesting and attractive. Hannah did. I really like the eyes-over-the-glasses look too, it grabs my attention.

For "true" I liked Bruce's idea but there's obviously some motion blur going on. This contest isn't always about technical excellence but in this case I felt like the motion blur was enough to keep it from getting my vote, and Hannah's was technically better (though I would have liked to see less empty space at the top of the frame).

For "false" I just really liked Hannah's concept, and the shot was well executed as well.

Bruce's "double-take" shot made my wife laugh, and we both liked the idea because it was so far from anything I had considered. There's nothing wrong with Hannah's shot(s), and it was a great execution of the topic as well, but my wife made me vote for Bruce. :p

Lastly, "charge" was a tough one. You each had very different approaches, so I was trying to decide who better executed their interpretation of the topic. Bruce's was pretty straightforward, so pretty much any picture of credit cards would have worked. Hannah's idea was great too, but I felt like the person holding the sword appeared to be in a more defensive position, rather than charging. So my vote went to Bruce on this one.

I hope all that makes sense. Fight Club is something I look forward to every week because it challenges my creativity and I love seeing what other people come up with. The voting is obviously extremely subjective though, and I can't even say that I'm entirely consistent with the criteria I use to vote.

EDIT: Turnabout is fair play, so you guys are welcome to rip in to my shots too. :lol:

Hannah's idea was great too, but I felt like the person holding the sword appeared to be in a more defensive position, rather than charging.

I had tried to put him in a position that was more 'charge' worthy, but it just wasn't working. I'd hoped no one would notice that it was defensive. :blushing: :D

I hope all that makes sense. Fight Club is something I look forward to every week because it challenges my creativity and I love seeing what other people come up with. The voting is obviously extremely subjective though, and I can't even say that I'm entirely consistent with the criteria I use to vote.

It definitely makes sense! And thank you for taking the time. Fight Club is so much fun, and it's great when you can get critique off it too!

Tasty - OrionsByte

My stomach wanted to vote for Bruce because those are delicious.

True - OrionsByte

False - HannahRebekah

Double Take - bruce282

That was so perfect in so many ways.

Charge - HannahRebekah

I loved that all three of you had completely different takes on this. I voted for the one I didn't think of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back