What's new

Fiiiiinally got one... (a drop)

Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
4,807
Reaction score
43
Location
at work...
Since I'm getting old and haven't been getting a lot of sleep on top of that, I'm also getting too slow to get these darn drop pictures... Until tonight. :D This was some cutting fluid coming from the milling machine at work and I guess I just got lucky with my trigger finger tonight. :lol:

1991-drop.jpg


Thanks for looking. :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Nice, I like the reflection and how the drops on the outside look like fingers reaching out. Kinda looks like a liquid metorite. Came out much better than my attempts at drop shots :-P

Also, just out of curiosity, how big of a droplet was that?
 
i like the color! it has a interesting 3d vibe to it! like it alot :thumbup::thumbup:
 
Close up that iris, ahhh! This has such potential, if you just would have shot this at at least f/10 and possibly even f/16 it would look so much better, the dof is just too shallow. Only the sides are in focus. But I can also see how with and f-stop that high you might have some lighting issues. Anyway, YOU CAN DO IT, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
 
I like the pov! I've gotta remember to get lower with mine ;)
 
Thanks ya'll.

Jimee, it was about half a cm in diameter when it dropped (1/4 inch).

Matthew, I shot this at f11. I was trying to get the DOF wider but I was shooting with a 300mm macro on the D70 so it still didn't do much for the lighting or the DOF. It was in the machine while it was running and I was a good ways away from the drop when it came out. I've been itching to break out the big lights and take one or just use the smaller macro because I reaaaally want one that's clear all the way round. I know I'll keep breaking the cam out whenever I'm here because that coolant makes for good drops. :D

Thanks again.
 
looks like a crown, doesnt it, sir cuzin hobbes??? the reflection is nice..

cool capture....glad to see you posting, i missed your hey-day...
 
Very cool. Nicely done. Gotta dig the colours.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom