Filter case/holder?

bytch_mynickname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone use the filter wallet things? I just wanted some other opinions before I buy one. I am looking at the Tamrac wallet that holds 8 filters or whatever.

My concern though is, are the filters protected enough? I think each filter would have its own little pocket but would they still get scratched? My concern is mostly for my R72, it seems so delicate but the wallet would be much more convenient.

If you don't use a wallet, what do you use? I have just been keeping them in the hard plastic cases that they come in but space is becoming a problem in my bag. What do you think?

I use metal filter caps and screw all the filters of the same size together. Got them at porters.

Combined they make a basic steel tube that is pretty rugged.

LWW

LWW said:
I use metal filter caps and screw all the filters of the same size together. Got them at porters.

Combined they make a basic steel tube that is pretty rugged.

LWW

Just out of curiosity, how many filters do you have? And do they have to be al teh same size? I can picture what your "tube" looks like and everything but i'm still not understanding...maybe it is too early for me, back to bed:blushing:

bytch_mynickname said:
Does anyone use the filter wallet things? I just wanted some other opinions before I buy one. I am looking at the Tamrac wallet that holds 8 filters or whatever.

I’ve used a Tamrac filter wallet for about 5 years. I clip it to one of the accessory loops of my camera bag using a carabineer. The wallet works well, I’ve never experienced any broken or scratched filters.

DepthAfield said:
I’ve used a Tamrac filter wallet for about 5 years. I clip it to one of the accessory loops of my camera bag using a carabineer. The wallet works well, I’ve never experienced any broken or scratched filters.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear. The wallet just seems more convenient and what I need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back