Filters and adaptor question

I wouldn't even bother with anything more than a "plain old" circular polarizing filter. Like I said, I paid about $60-$80 for mine and I've never had a problem like what it is describing with the ghost image thing...

Now I just read that you shouldn't use a polarizing filter on a wide-angle lens (like my Sigma 10-20mm). I just keep getting more and more confused.

Umm, I haven't used one on that wide of a lens, but I"ve used mine on my kit lens with no problem...

Now I just read that you shouldn't use a polarizing filter on a wide-angle lens (like my Sigma 10-20mm). I just keep getting more and more confused.
For wides you want the thin profile Polarizer, they are more of a pain to adjust but they will work. The ones for digital are the same as the multicoated filters. I paid over $100 for some of mine. Dont go cheap because you get cheap results. You want multicoateds to cut down the reflections from the glass elements. I never use a UV for protection I have straght Clears, fact is I use the Nikon clears. For stepping rings on some lenses at the wider angle they may cause vignetting again find low profile rings.

Most reactions

Back