Filters, which to use?

I dont know why others are saying UV filters are not important, but for my they are essential, Whenever I buy a new lens I buy with it a new UV filter directly.

You dont want to have a scratch on a $2000 lens.

Uv filters never leave my lenses unless I am replacing them with other filters.

It is important to you, but not important to others. That's all. It doesn't mean you are wrong, it is personal preference. There are people who has lens that cost a lot more than $2000 still do not have filter (or not able to have a screw in front mount filter).

Long since gave up arguing the toss about UV filters. You do what you think is right, as does everyone else :)

Snaps said:
Long since gave up arguing the toss about UV filters. You do what you think is right, as does everyone else :)

Totally agree. This is an endless discussion. Much like jpeg vs raw, adobeRGB vs sRGB, 12-bit vs 14-bit, Nikon vs Canon and the list goes on.

I only fool with a polarizer occasionally. Painted surfaces offer quite the glare with studio lighting and I like painted surfaces

388666_2453439369971_1071635590_2562452_1849458022_n.jpg

I dont know why others are saying UV filters are not important, but for my they are essential, Whenever I buy a new lens I buy with it a new UV filter directly.

You dont want to have a scratch on a $2000 lens.

Uv filters never leave my lenses unless I am replacing them with other filters.

I don't want junk in front of my lens, state farm insurance has my back.

I've had lenses for a few years already. Been in all kind of situations from desert, beach, mountains, dirt tracks and I can't even see a single scratch on my lens. Personally I think they are well made to last. Plus if you drop it or hit something when walking around and mess the focusing motor or get it out of whack, there no filter that would save the lens. I like to keep the lens hood on.

Most reactions

Back