Finally! A bird picture I'm willing to post.

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've tried to shoot birds, many times. Epic fail. Now, I cheated, this is a bird at a zoo, and he wasn't moving much (except to hop closer to me) but I still like it. $DSC_0475.jpg$DSC_0476.jpg$DSC_0669.jpg$DSC_0671.jpg$DSC_0672.jpg$DSC_0674.jpg

Try shooting.....one day you will post awsome photos of BIF as Kris and Darkshadow

Try shooting.....one day you will post awsome photos of BIF as Kris and Darkshadow

Oh that's never going to happen. Those guys are AMAZING. I will never be that good.

Thanks Todd!

Like # 2 and 4 nice job barb.BTW thank you for the compliment Barb and jkzo. Considering I was probably the worst nearly two years ago I came a long way.Anything worthwhile takes time and patience with lots and lots of practice.

Like # 2 and 4 nice job barb.BTW thank you for the compliment Barb and jkzo. Considering I was probably the worst nearly two years ago I came a long way.Anything worthwhile takes time and patience with lots and lots of practice.

I haven't looked at them completely yet, but I may have managed to get some decent osprey in flight pictures today.

And I am practicing, a lot.

Looking forward to Osprey shots.:wink:

Good shots.

But looks like it was bright out.:mrgreen:

Good shots.

But looks like it was bright out.:mrgreen:

10:30 am and about 30 degrees. It was hot as heck.

With birds, like people, it is better to have more space in front than behind a profile.
This is overexposed - and perhaps a bit blurred by shooting though glass - but lowering the brightness of only the bird and sharpening a bit adds much more punch to the picture.

gb31.jpg

What lew did on the edit barb,you can try to bring down some highlights on #1 depending on what you use for processing software you can recover some more detail thats lost in the whites. Like you have in #2 a much better exposure more detail showing up.I also think you have enough room in #1 and 2 to crop out the pole or whatever in front of the bird and still have some space in front of the bird if you like.

Last edited:
I had taken this photo from my yard, i hope you liked
Thanks,
Jose$IMG_3577A5x3.jpg

barb,you can try to bring down some highlights on #1 depending on what you use for processing software you can recover some more detail thats lost in the whites. Like you have in #2 a much better exposure more detail showing up.I also think you have enough room in #1 and 2 to crop out the pole or whatever in front of the bird and still have some space in front of the bird if you like.

Thanks, I'll bring it up in lightroom and see what I can do. The bird is sitting in front of the window high up in the enclosure and the light isn't the best. But I'll play with it and see what I can do.

Most reactions

Back