finally! A Portrait shoot!

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally, After only about 2 years I FINALLY got to experience / see a portrait shoot!!
It is everything I hoped for and more!
Here are the shots!

IMG_9464.jpg

IMG_9455copy.jpg

IMG_9451copy.jpg

IMG_9450copy.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

IMG_9434copy.jpg

IMG_9429copy.jpg

IMG_9426.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9408_g.jpg

My favourite is #5 however, If the last one had more light on her left cheek, that would be my favourite however as there is no light on her face (to the left.) it elongates her nose, it is nowhere near that long!
but I like everything else in it (except the mouth, that one was caught mid-speech.)

Last edited:
I totally agree but that is my fault, I was just taking shots every so often in between speech.
It was in college we were doing the photoshoot,
The guy who got her in had a theme of being a Widow, personally, I was going more for fashion / glamour and #5 is my favourite shot
The more I look at the images, I keep picking up more stuff I could have done, notcing low contrast, blacks aren't black enough etc...

And I agree with the purple top, I was going to crop it out, but it ruined the overall image with it cropped too much!

But hey, not too bad for my first time using real lights I do not think?

She was a great model though, Very involved, spoke to us and let us know if she didn't understand and had a laugh overall!
Don't think we could have asked for a better model to be honest!

I liked all except the last; that was a deforming angle of her face; and fifth is the most beautiful one; please number images so that viewers can make their notes easily

Regards :D

This is more what I would call a model shoot than a portrait shoot...

I wish you had some with just her and the cloak with the backlighting. She's quite beautiful and although the others are interesting and what not it would have shown some diversity. Awesome shots for your first time with lighting.

She almost looks too happy for what's going on with her make-up, With that make up I would almost expect a more angst-driven shoot.
i agree .

I'm not really a fan of the purple tube top peaking out from underneath her cloak.

agreed again.
i feel she should have no top underneath and so her chest would be exposed or just don't have that part exposed ( or you could leave that shot out of your portfolio). all that's to say if she had the right mood in the shots of course.

good work!

The more I look at these, the more I hate them!
#5 is still my favourite but lacks contrast!
and my selection around her (to make the background darker.) is very choppy!
and there should be a little more light on the front of her!

But, I suppose it was my first try :L
Still, I am seriously hating them now! (not cause the comments btw! I agree with every one of them!)

Most reactions

Back