Finally did it!!!

DarkGT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally bought the camera I have been lusting for over the last 8 months. Nikon D-200 with the 18-200mm Image Stabilized lense! Also picked up a 4gb card and a few other things including the Nikkor 50mm 1.8. If anyone needs a second shooter for a wedding let me know! I am sooo happy..... :camera: :headbang:

I bet you are happy. I'd be ecstatic if I could get my dream camera too.

Thanks! lol my dream camera is a Hasselblad but I am also realistic and the 25K that thing costs is just a bit out of my price range. I have been reading the manual front to back a couple of times and playing with things to make sure I know how it all works I am hoping to go out tomorrow and see what I can find to shoot.

Congratulations, those are awesome lens! Make sure you post some pics. :D

Thanks, I seem to be having a problem with my bounce flash though. I didn't really see a technical help area here so I will ask. I have a Quantary QDC 900WA flash that is designed to work with the Nikon iTTL system. However, lately, I have had to repeatedly turn the flash off and then back on again because for some reason it seems the flash is firing out of sequence with the shutter. This happened on my D50 several times to where I had to completely re-seat the flash on the shoe. On the D200 I have a Stroboframe grip with the hot shoe extension cord and more times than not the pictures with the flash come out completely dark even though the flash fires. Any thoughts? I have read and re-read the manual for the camera and the flash and there doesn't seem to be any setting that maybe wrong. I can hear the flash zooming in and out as I move the zoom in and out on the lense and even in single picture mode only about 1 in 5 shots comes out. Frustrating!

That is what was happened when choose a Nikon instead Canon! Now you can start regret. :lol:
Sorry, I'm just poke fun at you.
After you by a brand new product, I belief that you should better read camera & flash manual instruction. Maybe you just forgot to remove the lens lid, or similar stupid reason.
Tell us what was that after you investigate and solve the problem.

I assure you that the lens lids have been removed :) It used to fire fine with the D50 then randomly the images would be black even though the flash fired. Taking it off the shoe and power cycling fixed the problem for a short time then it would happen again. Same thing is happening with the D200 only more frequently.

If you can make it better by reseating the flash this may just be a contact issue. Take a pencil eraser and clean the metal contacts on the botton of the flash. If they have 'gunk' on them it may affect the connection. I wouldn't suspect the camera as it happens on two different ones.

And the obvious question - good batteries? Low voltage can make all kinds of strange things happen...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back