Finally got a scanner

yellowjeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nickginther.imagekind.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The 4490 got here today. I posted the slides in the other thread but here are my first attempts at negitives.

Both taken on Kodak Gold 200 with the Konica S2 I refurbished. I think I got the rangefinder adjusted pretty well.

When Scanning negitives it's important to do everything in your power to remove any dust and hair on the negitive before scanning. they will show up as whitd spots in the photo. Some canned air usually works well enough.

This will save you lots cloning time.

I've got the same scanner, but my results never turn out this good, how are you scanning the negatives and/or slides?

What options are you choosing and what mode?

No doubt, There is no way to go wrong pricewise when it comes to digitalizing your own images. Far superior quality for a fraction of the price of those rediculous "Photo Album CD's" that many processing places offer.

Truth

I've got the same scanner, but my results never turn out this good, how are you scanning the negatives and/or slides?

What options are you choosing and what mode?

Hmm well, I am in professional mode, cause you know I are one;). For the slides and negitives I have done so far I have been scanning at 2400dpi with unsharp mask set on high. I click on the auto exposure and then adjust the histogram from there. None of the scans I have posted have color restoration, but some of the ones I am doing now do. Mostly the ones shot inside on 200 iso.

ARG. So for got to set it to TIFF ranther than Multi-TIFF. Thats kind of annoying.

Good luck

No doubt, There is no way to go wrong pricewise when it comes to digitalizing your own images. Far superior quality for a fraction of the price of those rediculous "Photo Album CD's" that many processing places offer.
Truth

;) That is why I throw the suggestion out there every time the idea comes up. A lot of people seem to think that paying additional money for a scanner is an unnecessary cost. The truth is paying even just a couple hundred for a consumer level scanner and having the quality control at your own finger tips is far cheaper in the long run than paying an additional two or three bucks for a disk with a rolls worth of shots straight out of the machine.

A personal film scanner will pay for it self after a few rolls of film in satisfaction alone let the money that you don't have to spend on processing. With a personal film scanner Wall-Mart or the local drug store have little to do with what you display on the internet. So film can be done and displayed dirt cheap with out embarrasment.

So I have I question. I have a couple of shots of the moon. On the neg it looks like an unexposed frame with a black dot in it. The scanner doesn't recognize it and it won't let me scan it any suggestions?

So I have I question. I have a couple of shots of the moon. On the neg it looks like an unexposed frame with a black dot in it. The scanner doesn't recognize it and it won't let me scan it any suggestions?

On that reguard I have no clue what to tell you. My scanner scanns anything I tell it to, be it under exposed or over exposed.

I would look and see if there is a manual scan function somewhere, where it will scan the image reguardless of what the scanner identifies as an image.

There's a setting that lets you do a preview scan no matter what's on it. (I have the same scanner and had this problem at first with some extremely underexposed holga shots, but figured it out) I can take a look when I get home from work and see what it is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back