Finally got to light some people....

BanditPhotographyNW

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been doing a bunch of still life stuff because....well my friends are lame and must feel like a picture steals your soul or something. So inanimate objects have become my thing lol...But I want to shoot people so I am taking a portrait lighting class at New Space in Portland so I can get some practice. Last night we did a location shoot with a couple models, it was so much fun and I feel I learned a great deal from Alan Thornton our instructor. These are my personal winners from last nights shoot. Tell me what you think. Sorry its kinda pic heavy...The models are Sara Olson & Brent Anderson...

Interesting location. My pick of these is #8 because of the interesting composition and the strong sidelight. Might have been improved with a little more light (reflector?) on the right side (her left) of her face.

Ya I agree about the fill light on #8 I only had access to an 18in. reflector because there were like 4 groups of shooting going on and it was a semi-sheer white one....Thank you for your comment this was a lot of fun I am really looking forward to shooting more people......

Most reactions

Back