finally posted some pics C&C

JBaca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a day at the beach getting used to my camera on the preset settings.&nbsp;<br><br>What do you guys think?<br><br>
IMG_3249.jpg
<br>

\
IMG_3181.jpg
<br>

IMG_3201.jpg
<br>

IMG_3292.jpg
<br>

IMG_3311.jpg
<br>

IMG_3405.jpg
<br>

IMG_3396.jpg

They all seem too wide.
#1 the subject is too dark and there is too much surrounding it so it gets washed out
#2 A tighter crop might have helped here.
#3 I like this one. Perhaps increase the vibrance to make the colors pop.
#4 This is my least fav. Too much going on and it looks like a snapshot.
#5 Has lots of potential

Have you toyed with post processing at all? This will help a ton.
Also the biggest thing that has helped me is to efficiently use the focus points. Do some reading on composition and the rule of thirds, this should open up a few ideas.

Keep shooting!

Thank you very helpful info. No I haven't I'm very new to photography, well, dslr photography so I don't know a whole lot about post processing. But I will look into it. What programs would you recommend using for this?

And I will also read up on those subjects thank you!!

#1 Is tilted, bad! Your horizones should be straight
#2 like it! Nice foureground, nice (but not distracting) background, just wish the seagull popped out a bit more against the ocean.
#3 Not bad, just kinda overdone composition, but I do like it.
#4 Again too tilted.
#5 Needs to be straightened
#6 Bird is too OOF

Blackrose89 thanks! I will fix these images and then repost them hopefully make them look better. What do you mean by OOF?

I quite like most of the angles- gives your pictures a nice off set. Do think you need to sharpen them to add depth.
Keep trying though. X

#1 looks as if you just placed the camera down low and took a blind shot instead of laying down to frame. If so, you can turn on live view for this type of shot and get a better composition if you don't want to lay down.

#3 has some decent symmetry going on and with a little work in post processing could be decent

#4 has so many gulls it gets confusing to me

#5 a good point, you didn't center the horizon. Has potential, nice with the person walking into the frame and also the sun reflection.

This is just my rookie opinion, but as others said watch out for the horizons being titlted and I'm sure you noticed shooting flying birds isn't as easy as pointing the camera and pressing the shutter :p

What does this mean? They are considered snapshots.

What does this mean? They are considered snapshots.

it means it looks like you just turned your camera on, set it on auto and took the picture. Like there was no thought put into it.
Put it this way, 90% of point and shoot cameras are for "snapshots"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back