fine art nudes?

i've done lot of research and im getting really overwhelmed *whew* ... i have too many things rotating in my head about these nudes (amongst other projects that im working on concurrently) ... i have 2 things in mind right now .... i have my "original" idea ... then i want to do some pin-up style nudes :eek:

i've been researching the pin-up girls for the past 7 hrs now and have about 18 pictures that im analyzing ... the poses are interesting .. i've researched the hair and make-up styles (1940's) ... the only thing now is execution

i have about 5 nude shoots lined up for next week ... some male, some female ... im also getting a group female nude portrait together for outdoors .. i have 2 signed up for it already and i need 4 more ....

ok ... with all this ... im gonna need an assistant .. anybody? :roll:

i have a model thats interested in posing for me nude ... i have a slight problem with her age. she just turned 18 last month :? ... she's of legal age and all, i just feel sometimes we do stuff when we're young, that we may regret later :? ... my goal is eventually (hopefully someday) have my stuff in a gallery and sell some prints...

what do u think about this situation? :no smile:

Make sure that hers are very tasteful. Maybe just hints of nudity without showing the "important parts" like bush and nipples. Something that she will be look at later and think "Wow, I was so beautiful then". In 20 years when she has had a few kids she will appreciate it even more. :lol: I have some nudes that a photographer took of me last year. (B-day present for hubby) I wasn't that young but the nudity is so subtle, you notice it after you notice that it's a nice photo. Photos like that should be something that she is proud of, not regretful about. You sound like a true pro and I have every faith that you will create an image that she will be proud of for the rest of her life.

Unless she is running for president someday its not that big a deal. The publics view of nudity and sexuality loosens every year. (and we won't always have a republican goverment LOL) Chances are if i willing to do it now, then she won't have any regrets later about it. Be up front with your intentions and she will give you an honest answer. Many young people do things they later regret, i.e. tattoos, drugs, dropping out of school, etc. This is not in the same league as that. I have never known someone to regret taking nude photos, as long as they were in the loop to the artists intentions.

(Thinks in my head "Hum, womens group nude photo, 18 year old nude, needs assistant")

Where are you in NY I can be there in 8 hours :lol:

as far as dealing with the youngster. Just be honest with her. At the same time, its not your place to make the decesion for her if she should do it or not. Does she know that her photos will possibly be for sale to the public in the future?

i dont think she does .. she sent me a photo .. she's not what im looking for anyway ... she's not a "match" ... there has to be visual harmony amongst the ladies :D .. she's a "mis-match" .. doesnt have the look im going for ... "purity"

i did my first nude today :oops: .. this one was Diane Arbus style ... i felt really weird and uncomfortable about this nekid man standing in front of me :? ... i couldnt even look below his neck :lol:

do u think i can perform my duties as an artist and i feel this way? :roll: ... im worried that this may affect the outcome :( .. jeese, im so freaking uptight :lol:

I know if Im not relaxed for what ever reason my photos show it. Hes ok showing his :shock: so he knows theres a chance you are going to look at his :shock: .

Just relax, enjoy the :shock: and take some good pictures. :D

hey dew, dont worry...it's just photography, not rocket surgery. If apprehension is in the air...then it's your duty to capture that too. It is what it is. Just do it...all that stuff.

well, i have another one tomorrow, its a female ... i hope i get over this soon ... maybe i'll feel differently

its really strange trying to compose a photo without looking at all the things in your frame :lol: ... its a little strange .. IM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER!!! :angel:

im sitting here wondering .. why on earth would someone want to pose nude for free in front of a total stranger and have it photographed .. why would someone do that? :scratch:

Over the past few days I've been trying to catch up on this 4 page long thread. It's been very entertaining, to say the least.

Dew, what is it they say when someone's nervous speaking in front of others, "imagine them in their underwear". maybe you won't be so uncomfortable with it. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back