Fine at 50

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hopefully this is in the right folder - I was deciding between this and the people one. I looked at this as more of a portrait session, so, this was my final decision. If any of the mods feel as if it doesn't fit, feel free to move it :)

I will couple this with one other question about colour profiling. (For lack of a better term) In photoshop, I have them looking just as I want them, and when I pull them onto the net, it looks as if someone decided to train 30% of the colour. I know that the web has less gamut *correct term?* but I don't think it should be making that large of a difference.

Anyways, here is my all too willing mother, who put up with the cold and came outside for 5 min. Please feel free to critique in any manner on colour, perspective etc. I am really trying to bump myself up the learning curve here.

All of these images are also in BW- if you wish to see one or two of those versions just ask.

flickr_MG_1984small.jpg

2. This was more of a fun shot - but it is starting to grow on me
356238860_33017f8caa.jpg

356261070_515680cd78_o.jpg

Thanks!

Oh crumb! I think the RGB vs. sRGB very well may be my problem. I will have to play around with that - thank you so much for pointing that out!

Thanks to both of you by the way on your generous comments :)

I like them all. #2 is great. The smile looks so natural. Good job.

I especially like the first, but they are all great.

Your mom is very photogenic!

#2 is just wonderful. I like all of them, really, that one is just a standout for me. You did a very nice job with these. :)

What a great series! I really love the 1st one, such a natural and relaxed smile.

Your mom has very striking eyes. You have done a good job capturing them, and a good job framing her.

#3 is a little too tight for my taste.

Okay, so I experimented with the RGB vs. sRGB and that appears to be my problem. Thank you so much - I have been struggling with that one for over a year.

Once again, thank you everyone for the comments. She truly does have the most gorgeous blue eyes - I unfortunately inherited the not quite brown eyes *shucks*.

Here is a BW. Unfortunately the highlight in her eyes went a little wacky when I converted and her laughter lines look a little deeper than in real life. But this is a true 'expression' as is the first image - both of these followed the second in which I had threatened if she kept giving me those cheesy grins I would throw snow at her. Sure enough, she got it ;) (All in good fun of course)

flickr_MG_1981bw2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back