Firefox 3

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, now that we (those of us who use Firefox and went and updated) have had a couple few days to get used to it....

Love it or hate it.

Thoughts?

-----------------------------------------

I'm not too pleased with it my self, That awsomebar crap anoyed me to no end...Oldbar here I come, but it's not much of a consolation, the themes look horrible, My bookmark orginizeing methoeds are shot in the foot because I can not bring them all on to the screen at once anymore. and my tool bar is a baron wasteland and I can not seem to get anything back into the right place.

But it is a lot faster than before so I'll stick with it.

well, now that we (those of us who use Firefox and went and updated) have had a couple few days to get used to it....

Love it or hate it.

Thoughts?

Haven't downloaded it yet. I'm waiting for its first patch to come out. Just like a car, you never buy the first year of a new style :) I heard they already found a weakness in it, so lets see what happens first.

In seriousness, I'm psyched! I'm not an anti-Microsoft guy, as a matter of fact, I think their products are good, even if overpriced. But I think Firefox is a GREAT product. I'd pay money for it even if IE was free. But don't tell Mozilla that, they may start charging! :)

Few days? Been using it for about 5 months. I needed something with colour management. The betas were surprisingly stable.

LP is right. It is a big shame that colour management isn't enabled by default. Especially given the price of wide gamut screens these days.

Few days? Been using it for about 5 months. I needed something with colour management. The betas were surprisingly stable.

LP is right. It is a big shame that colour management isn't enabled by default. Especially given the price of wide gamut screens these days.

Beta and rc don't count though, not everyone had the oppertunity.

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Beta and rc don't count though, not everyone had the oppertunity.

Everyone does in this case. It's an open source project so anyone can just go to the website and download the latest beta. The problem is if you're an plugin junkie. You need to either do some creative digging through about:config to trick your plugins into thinking you're running an older version, or forever accept that until the release candidate they will be playing catchup.

I must say though it was nice watching Firefox 3 go through it's betas. Each successive version used less memory, was faster and more responsive, scored higher on the Acid test, and crashed less. It set a real example to how other companies should do their product development.

The "Tab Mix Plus" extension doesn't work with it. Anyone know of a similar extension that works?

I'm quite the Firefox fanboy, so I'm already running version 3. I haven't really seen any differences in performance with the previous version so far. Many add-ons are not available yet (especially themes, so I hate the way my Firefox looks right now).

Most reactions

Back