Fireworks on the fourth

tedgtfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Set out on an adventure to take a few firework shots. The lesson that I stumble onto was one that I will always remember. We have a large mall here in downtown Atlanta, and they usually put on the best firework demonstration. By that I mean colorful, the oohing and awwwing kind. So those are the ones I wanted to get. After awhile of riding around looking for a good shoot place. I decided on a top floor parking deck. We waited till about eight thirty before we left, got there set up. Once I got there I noticed that in the opposite direction from the mall that I wanted to shoot at was a great view of the city landscape. And best of all it had the American flag right in the center view. So I said great I can take a few landcape shots b4 the fireworks show. As I started shooting, a fireworks show started with the city background. When the show started that I originally went for, I was torn between the backdrop of the city (with mediocre fireworks, or the extravaganza of color behind me. I tried to tear myself away from the city shots and get a few extravaganza's, but i just couldn't resist that city backdrop. The lesson that I stumbled onto was one of location and other things (like the flag in the foreground) that are in your pic, other than what your actually intending to shoot. Thanks all Love to hear your comments Ted

742693124_584d9907c0_o.jpg

732890276_61d2bcfa95_b.jpg

www.flickr.com/photos/tedgtfan

Regardless of how colourful a spectacle it may be. A firework by itself does not do it for me. I love the city photos they came out really nicely and the American flag added a nice touch.

I try to get something to go with my fireworks shots too. Interesting buildings, cityscape, whatever.

Thanks Guys for your comments. I agree with you Garbz. The fireworks are just fireworks without the background. That was the lesson I learned and what I meant when I said Location and whats in your pic other than what you are actually intending to shoot. I have read the threads many times with peoples comments "I would have like the pic better if this or that had not been in the pic". I now know and understand better what they meant. Thanks again Ted

Ted, I feel you should post your pics in the General Gallery - this forum here, i.e. The Beginners' Place, is more designed to be a Q&A-forum, you see?
I shall move your thread over, ok?

One further remark: it is wiser to have your photos show in the thread itself, the response will be better. :wink:

Ted, I feel you should post your pics in the General Gallery - this forum here, i.e. The Beginners' Place, is more designed to be a Q&A-forum, you see?
I shall move your thread over, ok?

One further remark: it is wiser to have your photos show in the thread itself, the response will be better. :wink:

Dear Lafoto, The reason why I submitted it to the beginners place is because of the lesson I learned and from the remarks of others on threads regarding what's in your photo besides the main character. I figured it would be educational to other Beginners as far as picture composition and make them think about what other objects will be in the photo before actually taking the photo. As I stated in the opening of the thread, that I had the dilema of beautiful colorful fireworks behind me or mediocre fireworks in front of me. But that it was the background that made the whole shot and Garbz agreed. My intent was not to showcase the photos ( hence the link ) but to showcase the topic. I have learned alot since reading the posted threads in the beginners section (in fact I have not looked at any of the other sections of the forum) and now feel as if you are telling me not to discuss things I've learned as a beginner. Sorry if you don't agree. Thanks Ted

Most reactions

New Topics

Back