First 5D Mark II Images

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my Mark II Friday and have been so busy I haven't had a chance to really use it, or should I say "learn" it. I'm surprised how subtle differences make such a huge difference with your camera.

I did grab some quick shots Saturday of this barn. Just threw the camera up there, set on program (which I never do with my 5D) and hoped for the best.

Looking VERY forward to this weekend to put it through the paces.

I'd love to hear what you think of this first shot out it.

Thanks!

5DMII-1.jpg

Chris
I didn't know that Kentucky was horse country??? :mrgreen: Sorry about that

Since it is on program and you were excited to shoot, I understand this shot.
I think the color of the barn is very accurate...but the sky and maybe the roof is a little over exposed. I am sure that you will have awesome shots with this, keep us up to date. I am interested, I have been contemplating the 5DmarkII or the 7D. So, I look forward to your use and experience to help me possibly decide.

nice rural scene, but the sky's a bit overexposed, and the foreground is blurred. not sure if the latter was intentional or not... either way, hardly a test for a 21Mp FF body, and of course at this size, you can't tell a 5D2 image from one shot with a 10D... i'll be interested to see what you get once you have a chance to put it through its paces.

having used the 5D, what's your impression of the Mk II relative to the original? other than the video and insanely high resolution, does it actually take better pictures than the 5D, or just bigger ones?

The sky is overexposed, maybe playing a little bit with exposure (PP) might make it better.

haha that horse is a midget! I personally like the foreground out of focus, it makes me feel as though I'm looking way across the pasture! Maybe not so far out of focus for so long though.

Really doesn't seem to have much thought about the composition at all. Surely if you have a 5D MkII you would be shooting manual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back