What's new

First American Sports Car

ChrisB1966

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the lake yesterday and thought I'd snap a few photos of this girl.


IMG_9133-1.jpg

​

Vet8.jpg

​

Vet9.jpg

​
 
The front of the car is in shadow due to the sun position in relation to the car. The dark front really detracts from the image. Fill flash would have worked or repositioning the car to even out the light.
 
The front of the car is in shadow due to the sun position in relation to the car. The dark front really detracts from the image. Fill flash would have worked or repositioning the car to even out the light.

Scuba, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't really notice it until now. I played around with the photos in Lr a little. It looks a little better to me but I think i need to calibrate my monitor.

IMG_9171-1.jpg


IMG_9265.jpg
 
Last edited:
Driving her, is a lot more fun than taking photos of her :wink:
 
Driving her, is a lot more fun than taking photos of her :wink:

I'll bet!

Since your profile is marked 'photo editing ok', I tweaked the image a bit. These are very quick edits (I only spent a minute or two on this.) But I always like to list out what I did so you can decide what you like and think about how you might do your own adjustments.

I though the exposure was a bit high so I brought it down just a touch.

I also used the highlights & shadows adjustment to reduce highlight levels.

I slightly boosted the blue levels in the highlights which adds a bit more color only to the sky and reflections of the sky in the car.

I used a 'burn' brush to darken the ground.

I boosted color saturation by a tiny amount.

I cloned out the stickers in the corner of the windshield to give a cleaner look.

Finally, I added a bit of a gamma vignette -- which also has the side effect of mildly saturating colors around the edges.

And of course, after I was done... then I noticed the radio tower in the background. I probably should have taken that out too, but I missed it.

$IMG_9265.webp
 
Driving her, is a lot more fun than taking photos of her :wink:

I'll bet!

Since your profile is marked 'photo editing ok', I tweaked the image a bit. These are very quick edits (I only spent a minute or two on this.) But I always like to list out what I did so you can decide what you like and think about how you might do your own adjustments.

I though the exposure was a bit high so I brought it down just a touch.

I also used the highlights & shadows adjustment to reduce highlight levels.

I slightly boosted the blue levels in the highlights which adds a bit more color only to the sky and reflections of the sky in the car.

I used a 'burn' brush to darken the ground.

I boosted color saturation by a tiny amount.

I cloned out the stickers in the corner of the windshield to give a cleaner look.

Finally, I added a bit of a gamma vignette -- which also has the side effect of mildly saturating colors around the edges.

And of course, after I was done... then I noticed the radio tower in the background. I probably should have taken that out too, but I missed it.

View attachment 13029



Thanks it looks good!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom