First attempt at macro :)

Much better Sarah!

With macro, and a very small DoF, you need to find something interesting to focus on, and nail that focus.

Slacker, I don't remember a brand name, but they were filters you thread on your lens, came in a pack of 3 magnifications. X2, X4 and X10 I think. While they are stackable, they really reduce IQ.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Adorama-Close-up-Filter-Macro-Lenses/dp/B0002HMS6A[/ame]

thanks for posting that link Bitter :)

I added them to my cart on adorama :) I am now getting a flash, rechargable batteries and charger for the flash, and the close up filters to stick on my kit lens :)

Forget using the big lens for macro ;) lol

Don't forget it, Sarah. Learn to use it. Also, don't hand hold your macro shots. If you are gonna take the time to pull the image off the camera, adjust it's size for posting, and make a thread about it, you can take the time to use a tripod.

I actually don't adjust the size myself on my images - no clue how to do it lol

I just post the large link from flickr... If they are resized - no idea how it happens lol

As far as the tripod goes - I more or less just forgot to take it out with me today...

And the new lens - I'm not going to forget it ;) I'm still going to get plenty of use out of it. I will probably take it out tomorrow (with the tripod) and set it up by an azalea bush in the front yard (the bees seem to love it) and try to get a few shots. It's still a brand new lens. Still lots of "novelty" left in it and plenty to learn :)

No worries, I'm not one to run away from frustrations - I figure out how to fix them :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back