First attempt at street photography! CC Please!

18 is wide angle. He means you should get up close and personal. Like in someones face.

Very true...I meant I'd like to have a dedicated wideangle. I tend to be more of a timid person, so taking these shots was nerve-racking as it was. I can't imagine getting closer...

Very true...I meant I'd like to have a dedicated wideangle. I tend to be more of a timid person, so taking these shots was nerve-racking as it was. I can't imagine getting closer...

relax. They are just people.

I think you have a good start, but it seems as if you are trying to force the picture. The shots seem boring and blah to me. I think it lacks interest because the composition is very boring. The first photo of the guy on the bench has a lot of potential but like already mentioned the background doesn't allow for much depth of field. The rest just look like a guy with a camera went out and took some shots. get creative with angles, composition and lighting. You are to far away from your subjects for my liking. This is of course just my opinion.

Nice shots.

If my 2cents is worth anything about the first shots... I've heard it said that when you can't move the subject, you move yourself.
Perhaps if you had moved a bit to the left, the distracting figures behind your subject would not be there. But then again, if you had done that, maybe the shot would not be as interesting as it is presently, who knows?

Good photos though. Keep snapping.

I would sugest to try the content aware fill in the shot #1 to get rid of the guy in the top left side as that is the actual distracting element, not the entire background. I would also slightly darken the image keeping an eye on the smoke but not as much as you did with #2 as you lost too much of the smoke.

The pigeon shots have nothing interesting in them at all.... different light, different perspective, maybe.

The last two shots are also very good in my opinion - quite interesting. They make you ask a lot of questions and this is good for street photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back