First attempt with light and Self Port, CC?

dizzyg44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my first set of lights, nothing special to write home about, some cheapy smith&vector kt500 set, also using my SB800 with diffuser.

Sadly, we tried three different places trying to find some muslin, but every one of them were already cut up into pieces too small to even use so I had to make do with an old bed sheet we had laying around.

ba4681b1.jpg

Tips and Crit would be greatly appreciated.

Garrett

1 light to the left at about 45ish degree bouncing off the umbrella, one to the right behind the camera about 50/60ish degree, sb800 w/diffuser on top of camera.

1.8 50mm
1/13th
ISO 200

Just level adjustments, desaturated, touched up some blemishes from where my glasses sit, all done with Apple Aperture.

Looking at this one from the original, I see photobucket does some weird things to images.

Anything in specific, let me know

I think you are hitting your subject with too much light from basically the same direction.

One light from 45º is a good start. The umbrella adds a nice light, but it is being spilled all over the place. Use some foamcore (preferably coated black) to keep the light from hitting the background. Use white foamcore to fill in the shadows. Light the background with your second light. Try lots of different setups.

Colour seems to be off. What temp have you set in your post processing?

Love & Bass

I agree with the above CC, I also think it's a bit OOF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back