*First Band Promo Pics*

dtlasky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my friend has a band, he has pics done by a lot of professionals however a lot of them are not willing to do some of the more crazy ideas he has for photo shoots and locations. So he asked me to try taking some pictures for him, I'm not really sure how I did but I had a lot of fun! I have better pictures from when we were on the ice, but you get the idea...

Check out his band, SHOWMETHESKYLINE

Shoot took about 6 hours, it was FREEZING out. I feel like none of them are sharp enough and editing has something lacking but I'm a newbie so let me know how you feel about it. With my limited arsenal of camera gear, I think I did OK, however I also feel I could have done much better. Gonna try again soon with all the members of the band.

Locations:
1. On a frozen lake (Candlewood Lake)
2. An abandoned castle
3. A carousel inside a shopping mall (not done editing)
4. Starbucks haha

Larzz-8.jpg

Larzz-49cropped-1.jpg

Larzz-172.jpg

Larzz-106copy.jpg

Larzz-69.jpg

P.S. I don't care if you hate hipsters :)

What's going on with this dude's hands? He looks like he's about to shuffle an invisible deck of cards in most of the photos! :lol:

That aside, I think the locations you shot these photos in are really interesting. The first pic looks a bit soft, though, and for some reason I just find the last one kind of creepy (the lighting and his expression I guess).

The lighting in most of the photos is really good considering the harsh environments you were shooting in.

What's going on with this dude's hands? He looks like he's about to shuffle an invisible deck of cards in most of the photos! :lol:

LOL I asked him the same thing! He responded with "I don't know, its what all these scene kids do..."

Scene kids jump off of bridges too! That would make for one hell of a photo:)

All jokes aside, I think you've done well. Other than the goofy clothes/pose I would only suggest trying to spread the light out a bit because it's pretty harsh (with the exception of the starbucks one). I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination, but these were definitely interesting and had some thought put into them.

Nice work.

You certainly have an eye for angles, i like it :) I'd say with a cooler model they would be good photos i just dont like him haha. Well done though. Brilliant effort.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what he was doing as far as poses, i just let him do what he normally does. After all hes probably done more photo shoots than I have hahaa!

Thanks for the positive feed back! I can't wait to get back out there and do it again! Ugghh high school and midterms. I just want to get to college already. R-I-T Class of 2014!

No you dont trust me, i wish i was back at school, im in the last year of university and its killin me haha. Enjoy being young whilst you can :)

No you dont trust me, i wish i was back at school, im in the last year of university and its killin me haha. Enjoy being young whilst you can :)

I'm sure you're right, I guess I'm just excited...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back