First Birthday Party

I ABSOLUTELY love them!!!! Where did you position the reflector. I

I LOVE YOUR PP.....I have PSE, but was wondering what pp you did in lightroom. Again, I REALLY like them!

Also, what focus mode were you using? Af-S Af-C? Dynamic/single point, auto? ....just impressed!!

Nice shots, but always shoot for better glass. The kit lenses are meant to be just that. You'll notice a world of a difference with better glass on your cam. Your t3i isn't a horrible cam it has a decent sensor on it so it produces nice photos. If you are looking to start shooting kids/toddlers I'd definitely get something with speed though as the rebel series aren't built for that. Keep up your practice though, you have a good eye for those good moments in a child's life.

If I ever got into it professionally I would definitely get a different body and use the rebel as a backup. What kind of lens or lens' would you recommend for shooting kids? Mostly I take pictures of my own child but I would like to get better glass for sure. I'm also saving up for an off camera flash.

I positioned the reflector on the lower left out of the camera frame. I got it closer to her in the close up. The one in the bucket I didn't use one but seeing how dark her face is I wish that I had used one.

I didn't do much PP in Lightroom just the Raw processing brightening up the image. Cropping. Then I transferred over to photoshop CS 5 to do some dodging and burning, darkened the background a tidge, brightened the eyes. Also did an unsharp filter to sharpen the image.

I honestly haven't played around with the focus yet whatever it was set on by default is what I set it at. I've been reading about it but my camera is still new and I haven't had much time to play with it yet.

Beaner96 said:
If I ever got into it professionally I would definitely get a different body and use the rebel as a backup. What kind of lens or lens' would you recommend for shooting kids? Mostly I take pictures of my own child but I would like to get better glass for sure. I'm also saving up for an off camera flash.

It depends what kind of shoots you're going for. I have a couple L series I love. 17-40 is one of my most used. Also a good 50mm is great for portraits and give you a nice bokeh in the background. If you get a nice cam like any of the 5D's or 7D's you'll need an off camera flash since higher end cams don't have pop up flashes on them. Get a set of pocket wizards also for syncing.

It depends what kind of shoots you're going for. I have a couple L series I love. 17-40 is one of my most used. Also a good 50mm is great for portraits and give you a nice bokeh in the background. If you get a nice cam like any of the 5D's or 7D's you'll need an off camera flash since higher end cams don't have pop up flashes on them. Get a set of pocket wizards also for syncing.

Thanks for the information! I am saving up for an off camera flash because I don't ever use the on camera it never looks good. I figure if I get some lens' and a flash for this camera then get a new body later on. I think that the 50mm is the next lens that I'm going to get but I will look into the 17-40 too!

Beaner96 said:
Thanks for the information! I am saving up for an off camera flash because I don't ever use the on camera it never looks good. I figure if I get some lens' and a flash for this camera then get a new body later on. I think that the 50mm is the next lens that I'm going to get but I will look into the 17-40 too!

Yes you are set for right now as you're getting into it, but down the road you'll definitely be ready for an upgrade. Keep it up!

Most reactions

Back