First Bridal Shots .......

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still making selections and edits, but here's a few from my first bridal shoot attempt.

images deleted because of rude comments about the model

Hopefully a few more will be keepers.​

Thanks for looking. Comments welcomed. Critique appreciated.​

Last edited:
your lighting is a touch masculine. I can see your key light in the shots is brighter

#1, 3 you got the detail of her makeup. she looks like an orange. women put on makeup to hide their pores, not so you can make them show. light evenly so you don't get this

you also cut off part of her head in #3. women have their hair done special for weddings, don't cut it off so she can show it off

#2 I like the idea, but I would have had her peering over her shoulder. the shoot is of her, not the wall

#4- too dark. way too dark. there's nothing of her that's light and part of the dress turned blue it's so dark

In Aperture/LR, drag the definition slider all the way to the bottom to smooth out the skin and give it a softer look. If that doesn't do the trick on the skin, try your hand at skin smoothing in photoshop. There's tons of detailed "how to's" if you've never done it before.

Composition wise, they could all use some work. I think the third is the best for her face but the crop seems a bit tight and odd for my likings. The other two, she's too shadowed and doesn't have enough light highlighting what should be highlighted; her dress and her face.

how does she look in real life?

She has a TON of makeup on, I mean like way too much, it almost looks gross, but if that is how she is in real life, that is how she is....

Don't get the spread em shot on the wall, is she being arrested? lol

Also just noticed the gap-tooth. Depending on how self confident/conscious she is, I'd edit that out. Sometimes girls would much rather a picture of themselves that isn't an accurate representation of them, but that's your job. Make them happy.

The only photo that really works is number 1. However, as others have mentioned, something need to be done about her skin.

I wouldnt touch the tooth but I would smooth out her skin

Also just noticed the gap-tooth. Depending on how self confident/conscious she is, I'd edit that out. Sometimes girls would much rather a picture of themselves that isn't an accurate representation of them, but that's your job. Make them happy.[/QUOT

If that's the case he may as well have photographed someone else, there's keeping them happy and creating monsters, leave as is, would you remove the ears of a big eared person, no you'd shoot from a more pleasing angle, in this case head slightly turned/tilted would have taken emphasis away from the teeth.

Apart from the slap on she's lovely, I'd only edit her spotty chest area and a little light into the last one wouldn't of hurt either. H

I like the two close in portraits, I think it shows her personality as being warm, cute and a little cheeky. Very well done, first bridals but you have some talent with portraits? The last one with the deep shadow doesn't hit it for me but playing with deep shadows and including them can be quite rewarding. The skin thing others are mentioning looks to me like a severe case of oversharpening. Try processing them with a lot less sharpening and even maybe a reduced opacity layer of gaussian blur. Girls dont care about sharpness, they want to look pretty.

The skin thing others are mentioning looks to me like a severe case of oversharpening. Try processing them with a lot less sharpening and even maybe a reduced opacity layer of gaussian blur. Girls dont care about sharpness, they want to look pretty.

no, it's the bright lighting. you'll notice the brightest areas with the most reflection have the most skin detail showing. the sharpeness is perfect in her hair and eyes

#1, 3 you got the detail of her makeup. she looks like an orange. women put on makeup to hide their pores, not so you can make them show. light evenly so you don't get this

you also cut off part of her head in #3. women have their hair done special for weddings, don't cut it off so she can show it off

#2 I like the idea, but I would have had her peering over her shoulder. the shoot is of her, not the wall

#4- too dark. way too dark. there's nothing of her that's light and part of the dress turned blue it's so dark

++1

The closer shots are composed quite well IMO, just smooth out the skin...fix the tooth...and even out the skin tone. :)

#2 is simply a bad shot.... It looks like she is getting arrested. And the half visible tatoo is tacky.

In Aperture/LR, drag the definition slider all the way to the bottom to smooth out the skin and give it a softer look. If that doesn't do the trick on the skin, try your hand at skin smoothing in photoshop. There's tons of detailed "how to's" if you've never done it before.

Composition wise, they could all use some work. I think the third is the best for her face but the crop seems a bit tight and odd for my likings. The other two, she's too shadowed and doesn't have enough light highlighting what should be highlighted; her dress and her face.

how does she look in real life?

She has a TON of makeup on, I mean like way too much, it almost looks gross, but if that is how she is in real life, that is how she is....

Don't get the spread em shot on the wall, is she being arrested? lol

These explained my thoughts exactly. Very nice pictures though..the quality is amazing.

If you people want to rip me a new a$$hole about MY shots and MY crops and MY post work, then that's fine. That's the purpose of posting.

However, cracks about the looks of the model is unjustified and plain rude. So, she has a gap between her teeth and EVERYONE that knows her is fully aware. If she had been born with only one arm, should I clone another because that would make her look perfectly normal..... a badger chewed off her foot as an infant, just add another one, right?

The fact that her skin "looks like an orange" is likely down to me in post. I have minimal experience with selective editing people shots. One or two of you actually helped in that regard, but to say she looks "gross" or "tacky" is an overstatement and pretty piss poor use of descriptive terms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back