First Couple Photoshoot

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was talking about photography stuff with my friend and then she's just like, "hey, do you need a couple?" And she offered herself and boyfriend to pose for a couple shoot. Of course I said sure. Now, how would you go about this? I'm pretty good friends with the girl but the guy I've never met. I'll take some things I learned from my previous post about a shoot (model release, etc.), but how would you interact with a couple and any good scenery/pose ideas?

Thanks xD

If it's really informal and is just going to be used on facebook, screw the model release and just find a spare weekend and location because that's all they'll probably be used for. Model releases are for people who are not "pretty good friends"

If you don't know how to shoot them, than just find couple pictures you like and emulate them.

Ehhh... I disagree! Model releases are used by photographers. The two minutes the release may prove worth it and can't hurt. As for interacting, meet at a coffee shop or similar first and take a half-hour to get to know each other. Bring a laptop or tablet and show her different poses, ask her what she likes, tell her what you like, and do some of each.

Why do you need a model release for this?

Why do you need a model release for this?

So there's no legal issues, even if you don't think there will be - just in case!!

Judge Judy. Judge Joe Brown. The People's Court. All great shows, filled with former friends!!!

If you want these for your portfolio, friend or not, bring a model release. Absolutely a solid idea.

Most reactions

Back