First couple raw with PP

Nice, 3500 acres I think that's the size of my town. I guess that's why you have a quarter million dollar tractor. I can see from your Flickr that there are a TON of great things to take pictures of on a farm.

I just checked and it opens with PSE8 but brings up a second box that says Camera Raw 5.5.
Yep, that is ACR but it is a simplified version compared to the version in CSx. You are a couple of updates behind I think ,with 5.7 being the last and most current update for ACR in PSE8.

ACR is also the rendering engine used in Lightroom.

Set your Camera Raw to 16-bit there at the bottom of the page and do as much editing as possible there in ACR. Once you move to the PSE workspace use the adjustment layers as much as possible. Both tactics are so the edits are non-destructive, which means the original pixels are not altered.

Lol me too first thing I did after was to go to Adobe.com and watch some video's on layers. Got my notebook full of notes now I need to go practice lol.

I have read, and re-read, and re-read again... this post. I don't know if I understand it... but I'm impressed by it. :lol:

Play with the selection tools. I use the "Quick Selection" tool a lot.TIP: you can use the [ key to make the tool smaller, and the ] key to make it larger. If you hold down the Alt key with the tool on the ouside of the selection you can make it smaller right there where the tool is.

The selection tools are a key to image editing.

You can edit only what is inside a selection, OR you can go up and click on "Select" and then "Inverse" to select and edit everything that is outside a selection. Selections can be saved so you only have to do them once. Intricate selections can take several minutes to make accurately and by saving you only have to do it once.

In this screen shot you can see the "marching ants" (black and white line. It is animated in Photoshop) around the tractor/fertilizer that show a sloppy selection and I dragged the tool bar into the shot to show where on the tool pallet the selection tools are. You can also see the circle and cross of the selection tool on the horizon above the fertilizer. That's what I did to sharpen only the tractor/fetilizer and not the entire photo.

ScreenShot.png

Thank you for showing me this and the tips. My father-in-law loves the editted version. Hubby wants to frame it lol, such die hard farmers. :lol:

My husband said "AWWWWW" out loud when I opened this thread and the photo of your puppy started loading :lol:

I love the angles you took these from, and the composition. I especially like in the second photo, how the lines in the field corespond with the direction the tractor is moving..it's really visually pleasing!

I can't wait to see more of your work, you have a really great eye =)

Most reactions

Back