First day outside with Nikon D80--4 pictures

BHE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do not claim to take great (or even good pictures), yet but look forward to improving. Just thought I would share some pictures--any advice to improve is always welcomed.

Thanks,

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

The photos have not been edited at all.

Some good winter colors. Nature is one of the easiest subjects to shoot for first time photogs. Help you get a handle on the various nigglers about shooting with a dSLR.

You using the 50MM F/1.8?

This time of year is great for the diffused lighting that the heavy cloud cover affords, way to take advantage of that.

Image 2 is the one that stands out here, great subject. I recommend cropping the foreground and the left side, they don't add anything and just detract from the great waterfall. If you can, go back and play with shutter speed here (especially if you have a tripod). A shutter speed of a few seconds can completely change the look of that water. Also, if you get a decent amount snow where you are, go back when you have several inches of snowfall and shoot again, as it will cover most everything but the water and that wall and really make them stand out.

are you looking for C and C? and what the hell are nigglers?

are you looking for C and C? and what the hell are nigglers?

Forgive my ignorance but I'm new to this, what exactly does C and C stand for? I'm assuming constructive criticism? As for nigglers, not a clue?!?!

If so, please provide anything that will help me get better.

those are nice, although I find the first one's background to be too distracting. Had the leaf been positioned with the white, below, as the background with the branches away from the leaf would have emphasized it better.

nice pics .. in the 3rd pic you could have taken multiple pics from the same position had merged them together so the redberries would have come up as a sharp image

nigglers-someone who constantly criticizes in a petty way

Nigglers is my pseudo-portmanteau of "niggle" and "ers". It just so happens that "nigglers" is also a word.

Or, if it means nothing to you - don't worry about it. Merry X-Mas!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back