First DIY lightbox pictures...

OK, here is my quick GIMPy edit of the original Cookie...

4396219057_16a5d1ab6b_b.jpg

p!nK

I like 'em, nice work!

You could try a piece of glass on the bottom for a little reflection too.

I like 'em, nice work!

You could try a piece of glass on the bottom for a little reflection too.

I will be doing that this week. Will plexiglass work just as well? I want to keep it light. I will also be trying some different colored backgrounds.

p!nK

Should be just fine. I need to make me one of these for the random odds and ends I try to sell on CL and occasionally eBay.

is the last photo posted of cookie better?

p!nK

sushi, I think you should look at it on a brighter monitor, because it looks like an incredibly sloppy masking job.

Btw. to the op, I think the image looks much better brightened.

I don't doubt it, my monitor sucks.

Hmmm...If your cardboard was white, why do your images look 18% gray?

Hmmm...If your cardboard was white, why do your images look 18% gray?

and here I thought they were only 17% grey... but I think that was actually one of my questions above; how do I get the background 100% white without overexposing the subject? It seemed like it was one or the other (without PP) using natural lighting.

p!nK

All of these were taken using natural light, I have a bay window setup in my kitchen so I just set the box in there and opened all of the blinds. To me, the backgrounds look a little grey, and I am assuming this is from lack of lighting on the backdrop. I am looking to get some off camera strobes in the near future. Hopefully this will solve the greyness issue.

Let me know what you think.

p!nK
For this type of shot and getting the result that "I think" you're after, I would consider you'll need at least three flashes, two to blast the background evenly (flagged to prevent light spill) and at least one for the subject.

i enjoy the fact that you have absolut and the cookie monster in the same post ;p

All of these were taken using natural light, I have a bay window setup in my kitchen so I just set the box in there and opened all of the blinds. To me, the backgrounds look a little grey, and I am assuming this is from lack of lighting on the backdrop. I am looking to get some off camera strobes in the near future. Hopefully this will solve the greyness issue.

Let me know what you think.

p!nK
For this type of shot and getting the result that "I think" you're after, I would consider you'll need at least three flashes, two to blast the background evenly (flagged to prevent light spill) and at least one for the subject.

You don't necessarily need flashes, some daylight bulbs will do a good enough job...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back