First ever snowy.

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know these pictures aren't great. But I was really excited to see my first ever snowy owl. Taken with an older 70-300, with no vr. Totally unexpected so no tripod either.

$DSC_0980-001.JPG$DSC_1009.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC_0980.JPG
    $DSC_0980.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 86
Great shots for not expecting to see it.
I still have not seen one ... and I live in Canada !! Though, I don't like going out in winter ... hmm, ah now I know why I have not seen one yet.

Well done, you are one up on me :thumbup:

Great shots for not expecting to see it.
I still have not seen one ... and I live in Canada !! Though, I don't like going out in winter ... hmm, ah now I know why I have not seen one yet.

Dennis, we've been going to a place called Owl Woods, were there are supposed to be you know... owls? Haven't seen one. This was completely accidental. I was on the ferry taking pictures of ducks and a really nice gentleman told me to check out a local blog, which mentioned this side road where the owl is always hanging out.

I honestly didn't expect to see him considering how much time we've spent looking this winter.

I will say however my feet were soaked by the time I was done.

Congrats lucky you.Not sure if you noticed it but your sensor needs cleaning. If you view large on the owl on the pole you should see it.Just thought I let you know before it gets to bad.

Congrats lucky you.Not sure if you noticed it but your sensor needs cleaning. If you view large on the owl on the pole you should see it.Just thought I let you know before it gets to bad.

Thanks. I did notice that. I've already cleaned the sensor once and thought I got it all, but realized today looking at the shots of the owl that there is a really bad spot. Going to try to clean it again this weekend.

Well done, you are one up on me :thumbup:

Yes, but you have a really cool eagle avatar :mrgreen: (I've seen two of those but the pictures were worse than the owl)

I live for the day to get one. Congrats. Ed

Well you know I bet you couldn't swing a dead cat in there without hitting an owl before some idiot went and named it Owl woods. The minute somebody did.. poof. Nary an owl to be found. That's just the way these things work.. lol

Great shots btw!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back