First "Family" shoot..

cool... i appreciate the info... this is what I need... some direction..

and I wasn't gettin pissy Emerana... that's not me.... I apologize if that's how you took me. (I have a HUGE sense of humor) This is the only problem with internet... you can't visually see how someone is saying/typing something. :hug::

So... a softbox is better than an umbrella for portrait photo? I used an umbrella for these, and a reflector. What would be the best way to break apart the background to hair color? or for that fact, background to clothing color. I will begin the study process here and give it some more practice and another go.

Thanks for the help you 2!!!

cool... i appreciate the info... this is what I need... some direction..

and I wasn't gettin pissy Emerana... that's not me.... I apologize if that's how you took me. (I have a HUGE sense of humor) This is the only problem with internet... you can't visually see how someone is saying/typing something. :hug::

So... a softbox is better than an umbrella for portrait photo? I used an umbrella for these, and a reflector. What would be the best way to break apart the background to hair color? or for that fact, background to clothing color. I will begin the study process here and give it some more practice and another go.

Thanks for the help you 2!!!

i wouldnt use a softbox with continuous lighting.....def fire

subject background separation can be done either:
1. lighting the back ground as well as subjects using 2 lights
2. using a hair light as well as main light

here's a couple of things to try:
1. (the easiest) get a white bed sheet (flat) to use as background. place subjects in front of and very close to the background. put lights close enough to subjects to allow light to fall on them and spill onto background. make sure your subjects dont wear white. this idea may or may not work since your wife has blonde hair.

2. the other thing to try(excuse the crude diagram)
2331936880_0bd9ce76b1_o.jpg

Here's another one if your lights are strong enough to pull this off. i know it works with one strobe
2331959030_f68bdd9ed0_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back