First few photos. CC please.

nerdy_visions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys. I just bought my Nikon D3000 yesterday so I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing. I figured the best way to improve would be to jump right into this forum and ask for some CC.

I'm not too sure of my settings yet. I've been researching and reading up on them, but reading and actually applying them are two different things. Anyway, here are a few photos I snapped this morning and I know this is quite a bit for CC, so I apologize for that. I do realize these are more snapshot like than anything, but like I said, I'm still learning. :D

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

018.jpg

026.jpg

030.jpg

Not too bad looks like most of your setting were in the right spot for the photos that you shot, accept for #6 was a little blurry. Good bokeh on 1-3 btw :)

Thanks so much! I also noticed #6 was blurry. I appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

I like #1 a lot, if only the eyes were sharper. You did a good job of getting the rottie in focus, but unfortunately it's his forehead that is the sharpest. Always focus on the eyes. #2 and #3 are great. #4 is also nice, good composition, and just the right amount of motion blur in the right places. I don't like that I can't see her face in #5, and as mentioned already #6 is OOF.

Good job for your first set... keep shooting!

The dog with the fence is actually a pretty depressing shot. Makes me think of captivity.

The fourth image of the kid running is missing parts of her, a bit too cut off. Shoot a bit wider for action shots and crop after. Seems the shutter was a bit slow as there is blur in the hand.

The last one is not really a nice image, I don't see her cute face. When shooting people, make sure you get eyes in the image, as this is what draws the viewer in. Looks clear and I like the colours, but the composition is way off

The last one is out of focus

Keep on practicing! It is the best way to get better.

I'd suggest reading the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. He explains the basics of photography, both technical and compositional, in very easy to understand terms

Thank you! I've been reading about making sure the eyes are sharpest, so I'll definitely work on that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back