First Few shots w/ D7000

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picked up a D7000 yesterday . This Morning i decided to head to the beach to see what i could find .

Found a broken beach chair (had nice colors ) , and an empty bottle of bubbly.

Fooled around for a while and i think these were the best i got . Am a total newbie so am expecting to get crucified ! (LOL) .

DSC_0297 by mannyher1, on Flickr

DSC_0325 by mannyher1, on Flickr

DSC_0444 by mannyher1, on Flickr

I think you need to work on composition.

#3 has promise, I sort of like it.

yea...#3 is better than the others and sort of nice but still, reading up on composition would help.

#1 - Good try, but kind of "so what". Nothing really stands out as to why I should care about the picture.

#2 - Centered and square to the frame. Would probably have worked better if the bottle was to one side of the image and tilting 'into' the frame. With a litle work you might be able to get it to appear like the bottle was "pouring" the sea foam - that would certainly set up a story for the viewer.

#3 - The out-of-focus chair in the background doesn't add anything for me. I'd prefer it either out of the frame or more in focus. (It doesn't have to be completely in focus, I don't think, but it needs to be more "solid" in the image.

I like the bold colours in No. 1 and would prefer No. 2 if the bottle was not centred.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back