First game with the 300 2.8...

Sweet horsefeathers!!!! 10,000 ISO?!?!
That's incredible. Yeah, there's clearly some noise, but at least for me, I only noticed it AFTER you mentioned the ISO.

Those are some terrific images. I especially like the first one.
Guess Imma gonna have to start savin' more pennies...well, probably nickels and dimes too. And twenties. :D

Thats exactly how I funded this haha! Any money I didn't immediately need went into my "300 2.8 envelope"

Cool man

I love my d700. It works quite well and yet to be limited by its capabilities ( for what I use it for )

I find them a little too bright, I like images a little on the darker side. Have to say that you nailed all the action just fine, and the jubo shot is great.

I find them a little too bright, I like images a little on the darker side. Have to say that you nailed all the action just fine, and the jubo shot is great.

Do you have an example of what you mean? Now that I look at it, they look a tiny bit bright but I'm guessing its because of the white jerseys.

You guys and gals with your 300mm 2.8 suck, now I want one lol

First one's really nice, so is the third one, you seem to do well following the play and getting some good moments. I think #2 and 3 seem a little bright which maybe is due to the noise (I'm noticing the dark background in lower portion of #2).

I'd think about the framing, the top edge of #2 cuts off just the edges of the fingers and ball. With a shot like #4 it might look better having the edge of another player's leg either in the frame enough to see it so it works in the composition, or out of the frame altogether - and not having a player cut off at an odd place (shoe bottom left). I tend to notice the details which I look at with my own and try to avoid distractions as much as possible.

First one's really nice, so is the third one, you seem to do well following the play and getting some good moments. I think #2 and 3 seem a little bright which maybe is due to the noise (I'm noticing the dark background in lower portion of #2).

I'd think about the framing, the top edge of #2 cuts off just the edges of the fingers and ball. With a shot like #4 it might look better having the edge of another player's leg either in the frame enough to see it so it works in the composition, or out of the frame altogether - and not having a player cut off at an odd place (shoe bottom left). I tend to notice the details which I look at with my own and try to avoid distractions as much as possible.

Will keep that in mind, thanks!

I just find all the faces a little too light

I'm starting to agree with you. I'm about to process another batch of volleyball photos, I'll post a few and tell me what you think.

First one looks really good, the second one, watch the blacks, they look a little washed out, black should be black. Just play around with images, you'll end up finding that perfect point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back