What's new

First hand at trying to photograph performances

Ashlee_Duh

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
9
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. These are some shots I took on my Nikon D5000. It was fun, but definitely something I need more practice on. They are Drum Cafe performers here in Chicago.

awesome3edit_zpse674cd47.jpg



awesomeedit_zpsd73360c4.jpg



:band:​
 
#1 pretty good, #2 needs performer's face.
 
#1 pretty good, #2 needs performer's face.

I agree, I like the lighting in the first picture a lot.

2nd picture would have ended up in my trash, I take event photos a lot, and sometimes somebody looks away at the last moment and it ruins the shot.
But the 2nd picture is still nicely exposed even if the face didnt end up in the picture :-D
 
Thanks for the C&C! :) I wasn't really sure about the second picture myself. This was definitely a change of pace for me. I usually photograph nature/animals. Good learning experience that's for sure.
 
Love the first one - lots of energy and fantastic colors.
 
$Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 2.35.35 PM.webp

You have little mid tones .....the histogram shows where you are with this image and opening the mid tones will only show the back of his head....I like the comp of the first shot but the color is way over the top.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom