First HDR C&C Plz

Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to give it a try. I normaly tweak the photo in Lightroom and come up with something HDRish, but I want to learn do it the right way too. Anyways, I use Photomatix to create this HDR out of five images, and made it a little brighter. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Derrick

The scene doesn't appear to have a HDR. Can I ask why you chose to do a HDR capture?

I like it could be a poster for Guiness ;-)

It looks like you could've got this shot in a single exposure. You should post some of the exposures so we can see what you were working with.

doesn't look too much like HDR to me, but it makes me thirsty. I was craving a guiness yesterday

high dynamic range. i've never tried it myself but you bracket the exposures (take one normal exposure, one under and one over exposure) and then use an image editing program to combine the photos. It helps bring out the highlights and shadows that might not be possible with just one photo.

perhaps someone else can explain in more depth for you as i only know the very basics of it.

I could've got that from a single exposure...doesn't look to HDR at all. When I process HDR i try not to make it look HDR...but in your example you wouldn't need to use HDR processing at all.

The scene doesn't appear to have a HDR. Can I ask why you chose to do a HDR capture?
I wanted to see if I could do it, and I want to become more knowledgeable with all aspects of photography.

It looks like you could've got this shot in a single exposure. You should post some of the exposures so we can see what you were working with.
I agree it doesn't look HDR at all. Mabe I just didn't process it right ,or mabe it wasn't the best scene for an HDR? I didn't want it to look too fake, but then again I don't know what I'm doing lol. I need to mess around a little more with this stuff and try some different things. Help a HDR newb out :) Here are the pictures I used.

IMG_1251.jpg
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

What are you putting those togeather with? and why 5?
Photomatix is the program I used. I tried three exposures first in apeture priority: -1, 0, 1. I know some people use more than one image to create an HDR, so I tried it too, to see if there was a difference. There wasn't a big difference that I could see. In the final image I used -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 and that my friend is why I used five exposures :)

Pump the blacks up after tone mapping to really get the HDR effect in there, or there is a dot slider for the light smoothing that will really set how far you take the HDR. Also, the bottle looks crooked, vertically speaking.

Most reactions

Back