Photos OK to edit
DSC09671_2_3_.jpg
Isaaccurtis.jpg
isaaccurtis6.jpg
isaaccurtis5.jpg
Isaaccurtis4.jpg
Isaaccurtis3.jpg
Isaaccurtis2.jpg

These were all taken with three shots, each shot 1 ev apart.
Then used photomatix

What do you think?

I like the 3rd, 6th and 7th a lot. The others are too much or uninteresting to me. #3 is the best of the bunch, very cool perspective and subject is perfect for HDR.

all of them have pretty bad halo's which is most likely because you overcooked them all

there is also a problem with your contrast, some have too much and some are just too flat.

the 3rd one is actually pretty good, except the sky just ruins it.
my suggestion to fix that is to just use photoshop and put in the sky from either the 0ev or -1ev shot

Great shooting and nice comp. But the smoke detector's going off.

Thanks for the critiques.
Robertandrewphoto.
Are you thinking that I should make the sky brighter?

I think it would look better with a blue sky

i dont know if it turned grey because of your PP or because of it actually being that color
or it could look cool if your edited in clouds

it just seems out of place as it is right now

First two and last one are horrendous, and the rest still show typical HDR issues; halos, lack of shadow/highlight separation (in terms of lightness), and you don't have enough shots. Both one and four are showing massive amounts of noise where the software is trying to bring up the shadows to something usable...

Keep trying though; third is best, but that is because that sort of industrial/urban setting fits in well with the grungy, gritty look HDR can get...

If you are going to use a 3 image bracket, I recommend using a 2ev interval. If you want to bracket at 1ev intervals you'll need more exposures on either side of the range. The previous comments cover the post processing issues pretty thoroughly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back