What's new

First male photo shoot -- CnC please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
664
Reaction score
12
Location
San Diego
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was with a 580exii powered by pocketwizards camera right
Let me know what you think, or what I should do different next time.

favorite4.jpg
 
JMO, could have used a reflector to fill in some of the left of his face. A couple areas on the lit side look close to being blown out. Still though, decent job. Likely better than what my sucky skills can produce:meh:
 
JMO, could have used a reflector to fill in some of the left of his face. A couple areas on the lit side look close to being blown out. Still though, decent job. Likely better than what my sucky skills can produce:meh:

I had two strobes, but I felt for this picture I only wanted one side of his face lit... I should have taken some pictures with some fill on the left side. Thanks for the advice :)
 
looks pretty good shortp...

imo it looks slightly hot on his face... i'm not certain though...

also... maybe try using a cto gel to match the light?... the way it is now the ambient light is all orange and your flash light is white...
 
Good, but as noted, I'd tone down the highlights on the left side of his face by 1/3 stop and brighten the shadows on the right by the same. I'd also try and tone down the bright lights in the background a bit. Not too much, but they're bright enough to be a bit of a distraction.

This definitely was a two light/one light reflector set-up. Your key light positioning is bang on, just a hair hot. A second light (snooted?) well off to camera left and with the intensity dialed way back would have taken this from good to great.
 
Good work man! I like the way the light is a bit blown out. I think it fits just fine!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom