First panoramic attempt / random pictures.

TheMightyGoat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went up a mountain yesterday because I wanted to attempt my first panoramic, and a sunset was the first cliche to come to mind. Took some other shots along the way. Critique welcome.

Playing around with a high key shot on the side of the trail, going up the mountain.
P1030754b.jpg

Portion of the hills, showing variance in color.
P1030748b.jpg

Friend of mine laying down, waiting for the sun to set.
P1030793b.jpg

The panoramic.
SunsetPanoramic1.jpg

My personal opion is that they are great photos, but, the sky is blown out in the first three, which I am guilty of myself.

#1: Wayy to much so that all I focus on is that and not the flower.
#2: I like the best, Helps show the distance somewhat.
#3: Same as number one. If you could add just a little bit of light blue would help the picture a lot.

And you did AMAZING on your panorama!! Absolutely Stunning!!

The sky is intentionally blown out in #1 and #3. Sort of high key, but I'm not sure whether the technique ends up distracting from the subject too much.

1 and 3 over exposed 2 i believe more could have been done and 4 is stunning good work.

I think I'd like to see #1 have the in focus stuff cropped out, leaving a thinner bar of green at the bottom. this would also bring the horizon into the Rule of Thirds, rather than centered. I think it would give a hole new expression to the shot.

#2 looks like it could have the contrast upped a bit. The colors there are nice!

I love #3 too. I dunno if square pics are bad but you'd again fall right into the rule of thirds. With the bright streak on the right, the horizon/grass on the bottom 3rd, and the person on the left third, at the intersection. I shopped it, and it looks great to me, but I dunno if you mind others editing and posting your images.

Great sunset Pano. Love the light under the clouds.

Good for a first pano.

How many pics are stitched together? And what did you stitch with?

Cheers.

Thanks.

There were seven pictures stitched together (taken in vertical orientation). I used Photoshop CS3 with the automatic photomerge feature.

Most reactions

Back