voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few from a photoshoot I did this morning. Shot a roll of 36 in about 30 mins. I wish I would have had an extra set of hands to hold reflectors. Shot at about 8:30am when the sun was low and I was fortunate enough to have hazy clouds.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

those are very nice voodoo, im sure their mom will be proud :D ... a reflector is sometimes good, depending on what u want to acheive ... me personally, i always like to have some kind of slight shadow on one side of the face .. it makes the portrait less flat and more dynamic imo ... good job :thumbsup:

care to give us the specifics? ... flash? ... no flash? .. speed of film? .. temperture? ... etc?

Great shots. I am sure the photographer and the client are proud. Reflectors are generally a good idea, and if you bring them with you enough you will figure out how to hold or clamp them. Relatives are generally willing to work for free (once) consider that an option. Sometimes clients do not understand shadows, so opening them up can help. On one hand kids and puppy dogs are cute as hell. On the other hand they rarely sit still, so don't sell your gear. :p

Congrats on the first gig! Fot not having the extra pair of hands, I think you did well. I agree with Dew that it's hard to critique without having some of the technical info. I would agree with you, too, that you might have had some nicer results with the reflector on 1 or 2 shots, but for flying solo on your first gig, I wouldn't complain about these results. Cute little girls who look like they were a couple of wiggle-worms, so whatcha gonna do? :)

I would not have even wanted to try it without an assistant, so kudos to you!! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comments. Fortunately for the whispy coulds the light quality was excellent and the shadows weren't too strong. It's funny cause mom showed me the shots she got from one of those mall studios. The girls were in a play fire truck. The lighting was so flat they looked like they were painted on the backdrop with a firetruck in front. She is much happier with how these turned out.

As far as specs go...

I used my minolta X7A with a 100mm f3.5 vivitar lens.
Film was Kodak Portra 400 VC.

Shots taken in the sunlight were about f5.6 1/125 and 1/250.

The shots in the shade I hooked up my flash with a piece of blank white paper taped over the front to diffuse the light. My camera will only sync at 1/60 with the flash. F8-11 I believe. Being all manual and all, I consulted the chart on the flash for 400 speed film it called for f16-22. So I opened it up a couple stops.

For what it's worth, I'm extremely impressed and those are certainly great shots!
The kids are sooooo cute!

craig said:
Great shots. I am sure the photographer and the client are proud.

Craig, great shots also! I checked them out since I spend my summers in Jackson Hole! I've been coming there for the past 12 summers. Great place for photography and may I congratulate you for not falling into the common trap of shooting wildlife or the Grand Teton! Nothing against that but I like your approach to Jackson and surroundings (seen a pic or two from Idaho).

Dimitri

voodoocat said:
Here are a few from a photoshoot I did this morning.

You did an excellent job! Kids are worse than pets when photographing them! Congrats on a well done first job!

:D

Dimitri

Great job. Not only is the color and lighting exceptional for the conditions you did an excellent job in capturing those kids. Their playfulness and emotions shine right through.

You should have not trouble getting a second...third...fourth.......etc photo gigs.

Excellent. :D :!:

Mitica100 said:
craig said:
Great shots. I am sure the photographer and the client are proud.

Craig, great shots also! I checked them out since I spend my summers in Jackson Hole! I've been coming there for the past 12 summers. Great place for photography and may I congratulate you for not falling into the common trap of shooting wildlife or the Grand Teton! Nothing against that but I like your approach to Jackson and surroundings (seen a pic or two from Idaho).

Dimitri

THANKS 8) The photos are from the past couple of months. More to come

Most reactions

Back