First photo set for CC!

Bellaluna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting my pictures for CC. We went to the beach today and I took my camera along to snap some pictures. I am very new since I just got my DSLR for Christmas and am trying to wean myself from auto mode. These were all shot in aperature priority mode.

5340829751_ae3e0eb5ce.jpg

5341439772_544a904fcd.jpg

5341439530_d734941acf.jpg

5341438878_29fa930339.jpg

5340827991_ffe11d32f8.jpg

Thanks!

I think your horizon line in #4 is slightly off... that or my eyes are playing tricks on me... if its my eyes let me know so I can go to the optometrist

I think your horizon line in #4 is slightly off... that or my eyes are playing tricks on me... if its my eyes let me know so I can go to the optometrist

It's not you. I downloaded my pictures today and noticed that the horizon was crooked in 99% of my photos :lol:.

#2 and #5 are my faves! #1 looks a little too bright to me and the colors look a little faded. Have you done any post processing on these? This is a good set - especially since you got your DSLR a couple of weeks ago and you're trying to shoot out of auto mode.

for #1 i would make only the face of the girl, they the guy/girl that is holding her out of the pic.
#2 is very nice, i would personally add more foot steps, but thats my style ;)
#3 I dont like this very much, its just a building, maybe a pic to show family as show where you were at. Not my style
#4 is ncie :D
#5 I would zoom in more to the girl, then again, that is my style, everyone is different

You have a good eye, looking forward to seeing more of your work! #5 is my favorite! You already know about your horizons, good job!

#2 and #5 are my faves! #1 looks a little too bright to me and the colors look a little faded. Have you done any post processing on these? This is a good set - especially since you got your DSLR a couple of weeks ago and you're trying to shoot out of auto mode.

No, I haven't done any PP on them, these are straight out of the camera. I'm still trying to learn my camera, I don't want to overload my brain learning Photoshop also :lmao:.

Thanks everyone, keep the comments coming, it helps! :thumbup:

Nice job. I'm a noobie too. I'd love to take some beach shots like that but I have to wait for mine to thaw :p

1. Crop tighter on the face
2. Might look better in portrait instead of landscape? My opinion
3 I dont know I rarely shoot buildings
4. I would have gotten on the girls level to take this shot to get her point of view!
5. Little soft focus MAYBE cant tell image is small and I again would crop in

Most reactions

New Topics

Back