What's new

First photography shot

RealityCheck

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
38
Reaction score
7
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! New to the forum, and here is my first photography shot. Opinions? Edited it slightly in PS.

$pshot.webp
 

Attachments

  • $pshot.webp
    $pshot.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 137
Well, shoe is in focus and not blown out by the flash.

Need to work on visual appeal.
 
If it's intended as a "product shot" you'll want both shoes in focus.

If it's intended for "aesthetic appeal" well it's a start. (not a bad start for a first shot... it shows you are at least looking for composition and exposure)


Now you should ask yourself... Would I frame this and display it on my wall?

If so, then do so! Go get an 8x10 format frame, get a print made, and hang it on the wall. And from this point forward, your goal every time you shoot, is to get a better image to replace the one in your frame ;-)

And if you wouldn't frame it... why not? What do YOU think is strong about the image, and what do you think is weak? What would you like to improve about it?
 
Only thing I would think could be better is the background, and maybe the lighting could have been a little darker. There's a little too much light on the front of the shoe. It was purposely to be aesthetic appeal.
It is just a mess around shot, and when I looked at it, it actually came out better than I thought.
 
Are the shoes black or gray? I ask because if they are really black, then the image is over exposed. This is probably because you used one of the metering modes and the camera tries to make mostly black scenes neutral gray resulting in over exposed blacks.
 
It is very good for a first shot. I am a beginner as well. Nice job :)
 
Didn't take long to get a watermark in there lol.
 
The shoes are black, with the reflective material on the front patch. I gave the picture some exposure to give it some type of quality effect. Lightened it up a bit.

Thanks Amber!

What do you mean Burgh? Lol. Before I took this I've created my own photography business name and logo.
 
Hey.. I don't find the object particularly interesting, good luck I have no experience as a photographer, But start my course jan, Looking forward to watching all us new peeps grow, I love this site there are some really talented photographers on here really helpful, and then you get the plain old negative critiques with no useful advice other than to be negative. not helpful at all, all the best
 
Hey.. I don't find the object particularly interesting, good luck I have no experience as a photographer, But start my course jan, Looking forward to watching all us new peeps grow, I love this site there are some really talented photographers on here really helpful, and then you get the plain old negative critiques with no useful advice other than to be negative. not helpful at all, all the best

Those negative comments builds character and thick skin. It will help in the long run.
 
Hey.. I don't find the object particularly interesting, good luck I have no experience as a photographer, But start my course jan, Looking forward to watching all us new peeps grow, I love this site there are some really talented photographers on here really helpful, and then you get the plain old negative critiques with no useful advice other than to be negative. not helpful at all, all the best

Those negative comments builds character and thick skin. It will help in the long run.


Creative informative critiques totally I agree, negative unhelpful comments .. NO

I don't think as Adults any of us need character building , Help on photography and learning the craft yes
 
Last edited:
biglaugh.gif


Business?​

I didn't mean it like that. I was mainly interested in doing Automotive photography, and wanted to choose a name and logo.

And yes I don't need any sarcastic/negative replies. I just started.
 
:biglaugh:

Business?​

I didn't mean it like that. I was mainly interested in doing Automotive photography, and wanted to choose a name and logo.

And yes I don't need any sarcastic/negative replies. I just started.

Well around TPF you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom