What's new

First photography shot

Well around TPF you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

You mean on the internet you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

For what it's worth the only difference is that on here they say it to your face... As opposed to the real world where they wait until you leave the the room and trash your work, your reputation, your talent, and your character behind your back.

Having a goal (automotive photography) when you start out is really helpful. It gives you something specific to work towards and some reasonable yard sticks by which to measure your progress.

Good luck.
 
Well around TPF you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

You mean on the internet you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

For what it's worth the only difference is that on here they say it to your face... As opposed to the real world where they wait until you leave the the room and trash your work, your reputation, your talent, and your character behind your back.

Having a goal (automotive photography) when you start out is really helpful. It gives you something specific to work towards and some reasonable yard sticks by which to measure your progress.

Good luck.

What I don't like on here is a forum starts on a specific topic, some chump comments or says something negative unrelated , and this doesn't help the op,this really doesn't help us new peeps, But having said that the nice people out way the chumps, I have learn't a lot on here and love the site

Good luck reality check, Respect the ones that help, and give as good back to those chumps
 
Well around TPF you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

You mean on the internet you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

For what it's worth the only difference is that on here they say it to your face... As opposed to the real world where they wait until you leave the the room and trash your work, your reputation, your talent, and your character behind your back.

Having a goal (automotive photography) when you start out is really helpful. It gives you something specific to work towards and some reasonable yard sticks by which to measure your progress.

Good luck.

What I don't like on here is a forum starts on a specific topic, some chump comments or says something negative unrelated , and this doesn't help the op,this really doesn't help us new peeps, But having said that the nice people out way the chumps, I have learn't a lot on here and love the site

Good luck reality check, Respect the ones that help, and give as good back to those chumps

For a kinder, gentler, forum: Photography Tips | Beginner Photography | FroKnowsPhoto - Jared Polin
 
You mean on the internet you will find tons of sarcastic and negative replies, just a heads up.

For what it's worth the only difference is that on here they say it to your face... As opposed to the real world where they wait until you leave the the room and trash your work, your reputation, your talent, and your character behind your back.

Having a goal (automotive photography) when you start out is really helpful. It gives you something specific to work towards and some reasonable yard sticks by which to measure your progress.

Good luck.

What I don't like on here is a forum starts on a specific topic, some chump comments or says something negative unrelated , and this doesn't help the op,this really doesn't help us new peeps, But having said that the nice people out way the chumps, I have learn't a lot on here and love the site

Good luck reality check, Respect the ones that help, and give as good back to those chumps

For a kinder, gentler, forum: Photography Tips | Beginner Photography | FroKnowsPhoto - Jared Polin


No chance oliver reed :)
 
Yeah there are actually quite a few rude people in this forum, but they would argue that they are being helpful. :D However, there are many very good, helpful photographers as well. I am still trying to decide if it's worth it. I prefer no drama, so the arguments that seem to start on almost every thread are a bit much. I do enjoy the realistic feedback on my photos. Just another heads up!

On your photo- looks great for a first shot. I agree that it seems over exposed. I think that overexposed look can be great on portraits but not so much on products. Good luck!!
 
Then stop complaining.


I'll stop complaining when you do, I cant see that happening in the near future can you.

Have you seen this anywhere recently?

What I don't like on here is a forum starts on a specific topic, some chump comments or says something negative unrelated
 
I am sorry craig did you join this thread to join an argument or actually critique reality checks photo, There are unhelpful messages and stupid sacrcastic comments in this very thread, But there are also some really helpful ones that people kindly wrote..
 
I am sorry craig did you join this thread to join an argument or actually critique reality checks photo, There are unhelpful messages and stupid sacrcastic comments in this very thread, But there are also some really helpful ones that people kindly wrote..
Yes, many of them are yours.
 
I am sorry craig did you join this thread to join an argument or actually critique reality checks photo, There are unhelpful messages and stupid sacrcastic comments in this very thread, But there are also some really helpful ones that people kindly wrote..
Yes, many of them are yours.

And now yours!!
 
Last edited:
shents, your continued comments are hi-jacking this thread and preventing c&c.

OP, it's not a bad first photo. Keep on learning and taking photos.
 
Thanks for feedback to all. I appreciate any type of tips. Although the "harsh" feedback is helpful, I do appreciate it. It gives me just a straight up opinion from someone, rather than someone saying it's good when it really isn't.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom