What's new

First photoshoot using 1 speedlite

outbreakchicago

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 2 shots from a photo shoot I did for a Spanish singer I know. It was shot at 12pm with one canon 580EX II, 7d and a 70-200mm IS II. Would love know what you guys think.
 

Attachments

  • $image-3477296740.webp
    $image-3477296740.webp
    136.3 KB · Views: 168
  • $image-2828270933.webp
    $image-2828270933.webp
    126.8 KB · Views: 159
I like #1. #1 is lighted very well, with the subject and three other elements in a tight, balanced composition.

#2 the light falls off toward the bottom of the frame, losing power and definition to the subjects' lower bodies.
 
Thanks for the feed back. I never really looked at the second picture that way and your right. Do you know how I can get light on the bottom of the subject with using one speed light?
 
Try a large softbox or umbrella. Also try coloring the light with a gel or different colored reflectors if white light doesn't work here. Bear in mind that your subject's shirt is white, so go easy on the colored light if you try it.

If you have a gold umbrella that might be what this shot needs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom