First pic post

kid vishus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just need to forewarn you all, if you are going to ask me questions like what ISO, F stop, etc, I have no idea what you are talking about. I am about as new as you can get at this aspect of the hobby. I'm a gearhead who spends most of his free time turning wrenches are at the racetrack. So the technical aspects of this hobby is something I just do not know.

Anyways, here are a couple of pics I took last spring when we were at the Outer Banks using my grandfather's old Minolta. If I was to say which lens I used, I would be guessing. However, given that I only ever use the telephoto or the wide angle, it had to be one or the other. The telephoto lens has a filter on it that I can not remove. Correction, I could probably get it off, but something would get broke in the process. ;)

Any criticism, advice, etc will be appreciated (or probably best, shoot me a link or two that might educate me so I dont have to swamp you guys with kindergarten level questions.) They just dont look 'right' to me.

R001-003.jpg

R001-011.jpg

These were taken with my Fuji S1000fd. Granted I used one of the auto settings, but they look much better than the above pics.

chow037.jpg

stuff074.jpg

1 has the most potential. Color is flat and the building on the left is distracting see edit below.

2 does nothing for me again the color is flat and the horizon is in the middle of the photo. There is no real subject in this image either.

3 is pretty but the lighting is to harsh like you were using on camera flash and way to close.

4 is a pretty sky but the foreground detracts from the image especially the white door or whatever it is with the fire extinguisher on it.

It was hard to make this look all that good with the quality of the original image.

3200450656_f73e030569.jpg

Thanks.

What would cause the color in the first one to look flat? That whole roll looked like that. It was a nice bright day, here is the same location taken at the same time with the Fuji A210.

obx2008067.jpg

That last one was a quick shot taken at the racetrack cuz the sunset was really colorfull. It's hard to eliminate all light sources like the open trailer door when you're in a location such as that.

I'm not going to bother everyone too much, but here is a pic taken with the old Minolta using the wide angle lens. The colour on it looks much better than the colour on the first two, that were taken with the same camera. That kind of tells me it's the operator and not the equipment that caused those too go so flat.

R003-018.jpg

Thanks.

What would cause the color in the first one to look flat? That whole roll looked like that. It was a nice bright day, here is the same location taken at the same time with the Fuji A210.

I would guess poor processing and printing, it could be worth just getting that photo printed somewhere else and see how different it looks.

Most reactions

Back