First Pics C&C please

chameloeonv8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to this site and photography in general.
These are some of my first shots that I took over the weekend and would love some feedback on what works, what doesn't and how I can improve.

(I hope this link works, its the first time I've posted pics on here. Fingers Crossed)

Parks and Rec pictures by chameleonV8 - Photobucket

There is a lot of Noise in the pictures (see definition) but in simple terms there are things that just distract my eye from looking at the main point of the pictures such as the objects behind the cat maybe play with some aperture settings so they eye doesn't get so distracted? The first one under a "deck" looks a little over exposed to me although I'm still working on my exposure. I'll let wiser advice get a little more technical on the photos so I don't misguide you.

-When posting pictures from photobucket you can copy/paste the code right into your post and that will code for the image so we can see it directly. Read the Sticky threads to get a better idea how the site works and learn a few things or two about your camera.

-What kind of camera are you using?

The park pics are okay, they don't do much for me at all, but again that is just my opinion. The kitty pics are nice. I would try not to cut off her ears next time and on the first one there is part of her that is blown out/over exposed. I like the second kitty pic the best. She looks like a sweetie.

There is a lot of Noise in the pictures (see definition) but in simple terms there are things that just distract my eye from looking at the main point of the pictures such as the objects behind the cat maybe play with some aperture settings so they eye doesn't get so distracted? The first one under a "deck" looks a little over exposed to me although I'm still working on my exposure. I'll let wiser advice get a little more technical on the photos so I don't misguide you.

-When posting pictures from photobucket you can copy/paste the code right into your post and that will code for the image so we can see it directly. Read the Sticky threads to get a better idea how the site works and learn a few things or two about your camera.

-What kind of camera are you using?[/quote]

Yeah the first picture is actually just a structure that is there not a deck. I also felt as though it was over exposed but my battery died on me before I got a chance to change my exposure and take another shot. I tried fixing it in photoshop, but had some difficulties.
I'm using a Nikon point and shoot.
*Still saving up for my SLR*

Thanks for your comments and the tip on posting images, I'll have to check out that thread.

Most reactions

Back