First Pic's taken in RAW and processed

kass617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, again, I'm just experimenting with settings, etc.

1. This one I think is over exposed, and also I missed the focus. Instead of having the actual flower in focus, it seems I got the leaves:

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0009_1.jpg

any input is appreciated.

1. the focus is off like you said, but it looks like it's on the 2nd flower, exposure looks ok to me
2. doesn't do anything for me
3. i like this one, but try a reshoot; it would look better if you could get the box and the cigarette in focus

1. the focus is off like you said, but it looks like it's on the 2nd flower, exposure looks ok to me
2. doesn't do anything for me
3. i like this one, but try a reshoot; it would look better if you could get the box and the cigarette in focus

You don't think the light coming in the back door, and the highlights in the back of the yellow flower are blown out?

well yes, but the exposure on the flowers is good, so if you tried to compensate while taking the picture you could possibly have an underexposed flower, just my opinion.

Ah, ok I see what you're saying. Thanks.

For the cigarettes, I had it set to f5.6, should I have gone for f8 or more?

yes, a smaller aperture would have helped.

I think the white balance is off in all of them as well.

I think the white balance is off in all of them as well.

The white balance is definately off on the first one... It looked pretty accurate to me on 2&3.... I'm gonna open them back up and see what adjustments I can make tonight.

The pack of Marlboro's looks pretty burgandy colored to me instead of red.

The pack of Marlboro's looks pretty burgandy colored to me instead of red.

Yup, I think you're right...I didn't even think to use the red as a reference, I was more satisfied with the white on the railing and on the pack.

White balance effects much more than your white. It's your whole color cast. The name is a little misleading, but once you get it correct all your colors will be on. You should be able to adjust the curves and get that pretty accurate.

When adjusting the curves....I should be looking to subtract some blue tint, rather than boosting red, right? I'll give it a shot...

this is the best I could get...

before:
DSC_0009_1.jpg

after:
DSC_0009_1copy.jpg

actually that last one is even worse...this is my last attempt:

DSC_0009final.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back