First Pics With New Camera!!!!

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a very long wait (I've been up since 6:00 am waiting for the UPS man) my camera is finally here!! I upgraded to the D90 and my wife let me get the Sigma 70-200 2.8. This is an awesome camera. I've only had it for about 45 minutes and know I'm going to use this thing until the shutter finally falls off. And I didn't realize how heavy this lens was going to be. I checked it out in the store but I don't know if it's because it was the Tamron I was holding or I just forgot but this thing is a beast! I won't be hand holding at 1/60th of a second anytime soon.

Of course I'm always looking for some C&C. I know the first one has a tight crop but I was too excited to really focus on what I was doing :lol:

Here's the first pics. I threw on the nifty fifty in order to get the first. How he loves new boxes.
4330800613_b154cbefa8_b.jpg

And here's the new lens in action:

4331540494_25d944ff78_b.jpg

Love my d90 and 70-200. Congrats on the new awesome setup!

Also, i think its time for you to update your signature as well! ;) Congrats on your new camera! :D

Ah yes! The beloved signature upgrade. Hopefully updating my sig will make my pictures look better :lol:

Congrats on the wife letting you upgrade :thumbup: Can't wait to see some more photos of with that Sigma as I've been thinking about getting a zoom. Where did you make your purchases if you don't mind me asking?

The cat photo is hilarious! Too bad it's OOF. What aperture did you shoot the 2nd shot at, the DOF looks very narrow. I kind of want to see all three of them in focus for some reason.

Congrats on the wife letting you upgrade :thumbup: Can't wait to see some more photos of with that Sigma as I've been thinking about getting a zoom. Where did you make your purchases if you don't mind me asking?

The cat photo is hilarious! Too bad it's OOF. What aperture did you shoot the 2nd shot at, the DOF looks very narrow. I kind of want to see all three of them in focus for some reason.

After going through the rest of the photos I found this one. I agree with your thoughts on the first one being OOF. I purchased everything from B&H. $749 for the body and $700 (?) for the lens. I also got the Hoya filter kit for an extra $149 (?). All said it was about $1700 after shipping. And the second shot I was just showing the new lens off at f2.8. I love the sharpness this thing has compared with my old lens.

4332043736_79dd086faa.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back